Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to add a new menu to home screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi.

I would like to add a new menu to the home screen, called "Kids" for videos for my son.. I have a folder with dvd files, which i am scanning into the database. I can ofcourse select the "kids" genre I have added to them, but it would be easier if i could goto it directly from the home menu.

I have tried following the guide from Kodis WIKI here:

Kodi WIKI

I am using Bello as skin, and i cant find the suggested code, that i have to insert into Home.xml

I am using OPENELEC and i have some skin files located here: storage/.Kodi/addons/Bello/ "and the last folder i cant remember the name on" im at work right now. But i can see all the skin files, but dont know where to edit the code, it looks nothing like the example from the link i posted.

Thanks for your time!
@Dannermax;

You don't need to edit any XML's I suppose.

As I understand, you have already added "Kids" as a genre to those videos.

1. Go into Videos > Movies > Genres and select "Kids"
2. Thru context menu (press C or right click) and "Add to Favorites"
3. Go to Settings > Skin > Settings to configure Home Menu
4. Choose Home Window > Customize Main Menu
5. On the RHS, Choose Shortcut and Select Favorite in the List and then "Kids"
6. Configure rest of the items there to your need and select "+" sign rightmost to save
7. Optionally in the LHS menu, you can move up/down to set the positional order in home menu

Venture back home, you should have the "Kids" displayed in the home menu.

Cheers!
GK
This was just what I was looking for! Thanks so much for your help, it works perfect!
lets say i have custom menu like 720p and Bluray ISOs and i have multiple sources from different external hard disks. How do i add multiple sources to 720p for example?