Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Isengard Beta 2 - 15.0-0 beta2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ipad 4 32 Gb, IOS 7.1, Pangu 0.3 untether JailBreak, Cydia Substrate 09.5101

Serious issue: I can't install the master beta, nor can I uninstall KODI thru Cydia. It was my mess up as when I went to install the daily, I hit KODI 14.2 deb instead. The install hung, and when I tried to re install via ifile and the master, I get the following:
""
Executing Command: /usr/bin/dpkg -i "/var/mobile/Documents/kodi-20150612-790843d-master-ios.deb"

Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.kodi-ios.
(Reading database ... 13364 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.kodi-ios 15.0-0~beta2 (using .../kodi-20150612-790843d-master-ios.deb) ...
find: /Applications/Kodi.app: No such file or directory
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
find: /Applications/Kodi.app: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing /var/mobile/Documents/kodi-20150612-790843d-master-ios.deb (--install):
subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
chown: cannot access `/Applications/Kodi.app': No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/mobile/Documents/kodi-20150612-790843d-master-ios.deb

Finished with Result Code: 256
""

I then went to Cydia to uninstall KODI, When I go into the "Installed Kodi_IOS package installer, all tht comes up is Remove. When I hit confirm this is what I get:

Running Debian Packager
(Reading database...13364 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing org.xbmc.kodi-ios...
[then in RED]
X subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
X Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (-1)

Even stranger when I deleted the Kodi source and re-added it, it adds, but no packages show up even after a refresh.

So I can't install Kodi and I can't uninstall Kodi. I confirmed that the file /Applications/Kodi.app was deleted during the initial 14 install, so I cant do anything without it.

Please let me know if there are files and directories I can go into to purge the existence of 15, so I can go ahead and start over.

Gerry
mkdir /Applications/Kodi.app

then try the dpkg -i again