Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: stopping video crashes Kodi with Isengard Beta 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

i noticed since the newer nightly builds /since may 18th) and with the latest stable beta 2 that after playback of a video/stream and pressing stop my screen stays black and kodi seems to have crashed and i have to force it to quit.

it happens mostly with streams ( example apple trailers) and in a less way (maybe every 4th time) with videos from my library.
here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/MceAE2YQ

i really have no idea what the cause might be, when i reverse back to the 18th nightly build the problem disappears so i think there might be an issue/bug implemented earlier in the last few weeks?

by the way i have deleted the guisettings.xml and started fresh, maybe an installed addon causes this?

it drives me crazy somehow so any help is appreciated.

thanks.
18th what? 18th of june?
Try to deactivate that dbmc addon

Code:
781.18:55:14 T:4721209344   DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: NotifySyncServer exception : timeout('timed out',)

Also not sure where this is coming from

Code:
787. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:49
788. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:50
789. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:51
790. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:51
791. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:51

Also if in doubt move your whole Kodi folder ( /Users/macmini/Library/Application Support/Kodi/ ) away and see if your problem persists.
(2015-06-17, 11:47)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]18th what? 18th of june?

18th of may.
(2015-06-17, 11:51)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Try to deactivate that dbmc addon

Code:
781.18:55:14 T:4721209344   DEBUG: plugin.dbmc: NotifySyncServer exception : timeout('timed out',)

Also not sure where this is coming from

Code:
787. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:49
788. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:50
789. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:51
790. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:51
791. Marker - 16.06.2015 18:58:51

Also if in doubt move your whole Kodi folder ( /Users/macmini/Library/Application Support/Kodi/ ) away and see if your problem persists.

i will remove the dropbox add-on and move the Kodi folder if that didn't help, i will get back to you when i did it later today.

thanks for your hints.
it didn't work, i am still stuck with this build :

kodi-20150517-65e7de7-master-x86_64

it was the last one that worked for me and i think it was from 18th may.

did anything change in this period?
Funny - no of course - NOTHING changed in the period of 1 month Big Grin

Please post the crash report

At that time i did some major fixes for audio sync problems and multi monitor support.
(2015-06-18, 16:25)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Funny - no of course - NOTHING changed in the period of 1 month Big Grin

Please post the crash report

At that time i did some major fixes for audio sync problems and multi monitor support.

do you mean the os x crash report? this doesn't show up, kodi is just unresponsive with a black screen.

regarding the multi monitor support, with my iMac (with second monitor attached) i didn't experience this black screen problem, only with mac mini (late 2014) which doesn't have a second monitor attached to it.

i don't know if this means something but my iMac has an nvidia card and mac mini intel iris.
Could you try to disable the next aired addon? Or if in doubt move away your whole /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Kodi folder to check if its one of the addons?
I can post both a crash report and debug log later if it will help you guys -- Let me know. Not at home yet but will be later.

Can confirm this happens with both Beta 2 and latest Nightly. I did a quick test with stopping after just 30 seconds of video play, no problems.

However, after I did a big step (up arrow to jump 10 minutes) and then stopped (did this immediately after starting video) am able to duplicate this every single time.
Deubg log:

http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=nw3sW2pv

Dunno if this is gonna help much, let me know what else I can do though. It seems to freeze/lock before being able to report the reason in kodi.log.
this was the latest nightly which was working:

kodi-20150517-65e7de7-master-x86_64

maybe this will help identifying the change in the build that causes this ?

i removed the next aired plugin and no change.
as said on the very next day a lot of fixes and corrections in regard to refreshrate adaption, audiosync, multimonitor support went in.

see here for the relevant changelog:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7143/commits

Please post your settings from settings->video->playback both of you

Also play with turning off "sync video to display" and "refreshrate adjustment" to figure out which one of the 2 settings causes the issue (those 2 are the ones i can think off beeing touched in my changes)

so now we have the following situation:

turning of one of the two settings, adjust display refresh rate or sync playback to display makes the problem disappear.
This bug only appears with both settings enabled.

So i think we identified the problem.
@BDPNA please confirm this theory if possible.

@neurosis13 please play (increase) with the "Pause during refresh rate change" option (i have set this to 4 secs for example with my slow switching TV) and report back if this makes the problem less frequent.
Pages: 1 2