Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library Recommender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, is there an add-on which acts as a recommender (TV Shows &/Or Movies) using the content of the video library as a starting point.
Thanks.
Check the add-on LazyTV Add-on:LazyTV (wiki)
(2015-06-18, 16:48)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Check the add-on LazyTV Add-on:LazyTV (wiki)

Thanks, this isn't quite what I'm after - from the description anyway, as it says it provides the next episode(s) to watch - I'm after recommendations of other shows/movies based on the library shows/movies.
I will try it out as it may be useful anyway.
(2015-06-18, 17:09)RockerC Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210707
but better ideas here I think
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219357

Thanks, not really after a feedback loop though.
Did not understand the rest of it really, I'm afraid.
The Extended Info script brings on artist and movie information, and 20 TMDB suggestions, based on similar. Along with your un-watched collection and various other sundry collections, like the given title artists.

Very smart script, if the skin your running will accommodate it. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558 if your skin doesn't.. this is worth switching skins for. The of course there is specific add-ons to external database like Trakit TV and a Movie DB (the name of which escapes me atm) whihc compares what you have vs other recommendations and makes suggestions base on your previous viewing habits or user scores. There's a lot of add-ons available, sometimes the random choice of LazyTV are enough.
(2015-06-18, 18:57)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]The Extended Info script brings on artist and movie information, and 20 TMDB suggestions, based on similar. Along with your un-watched collection and various other sundry collections, like the given title artists.

Very smart script, if the skin your running will accommodate it. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558 if your skin doesn't.. this is worth switching skins for. The of course there is specific add-ons to external database like Trakit TV and a Movie DB (the name of which escapes me atm) whihc compares what you have vs other recommendations and makes suggestions base on your previous viewing habits or user scores. There's a lot of add-ons available, sometimes the random choice of LazyTV are enough.

I have that extended info script installed and running 14.2 on aftv with confluence. How do i get it to actually show related films?

I cant seem to find a thread here that explainshow to set it up.

Thanks
Confluence doesn't have any actual built-in support for it like some other skins do. Normally it is somehow tied into the info screen (when you press "i" on a keyboard, for example) and just pops up. In Kodi v15 we have context-menu extensions, and one of them is for Extended Info, so you will be able to easily access it from the context menu on all skins.
Ok. So i installed Aeon Nox skin as it says it canuse that script. However, i still dont see anywhere to bring up extended info about a movie. I still only get the regualr movie info when i click the context menu.

Can you direct me to the page that explains about making this work?

Thanks
Looks like the author of Script ExtendedInfo wants you to be running Isengard for this mod but I'm using 14.2 and it seems fine. The idea is that through the .info panel you should have access to this script, and once inside hit the down arrow a few times and you'll start to see new stuff.

Look for support in your skin forum.
(2015-06-19, 02:12)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the author of Script ExtendedInfo wants you to be running Isengard for this mod but I'm using 14.2 and it seems fine. The idea is that through the .info panel you should have access to this script, and once inside hit the down arrow a few times and you'll start to see new stuff.

Look for support in your skin forum.

So i got this working on the movies section of my videos but doesnt work correctly on the tv shows. Im on Aftv, Kodi 14.2 and Aeon Nox 5: Redux

However, my question is about the Movies section. After i down arrow on a cast member and get their bio,etc and click on one of their movies that is listed... Is there a way to add that new movie to my videos? Or play it somehow?

Thanks
If the movie is part of your personal library you should get a 'play' button somewhere. If it's not then make a mental note and pick it up at your disk retailer. Some things like the trailer and probably rare instances of public domain stuff being available legitimately on You-tube or snippets from some critic. I wouldn't be surprised that if in the future, there could be links to a paid content source that streams, but I doubt Kodi's open source nature would make any vendor comfortable with this arrangement.

Works for me well with both TV Shows and Movies with the skin Transparency! Just look in the T! forum on best implementation by JohnWPB