Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Added: Animated / spinning Movie Disc art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately, I have noticed that Ember Media Manager is finding more and more disc images when I download artwork. A year ago, there were just a few available. It seems to be the disc artwork is becoming more popular. I have added around 30 missing ones to Fanart.tv in the past couple of weeks, and many others are doing the same.

All this being said, I decided to delve into making the artwork viewable in my favorite skin Smile Thanks again Ronnie for an AMAZING skin!

I use the fanart view for browsing my movies, so that is the skin / view that I altered. It took me hours to figure this out and get it working, and I personally have no intention of trying to add it to any of the other views available in the skin.

FIRST! make a copy / backup the 3 skin files that are altered. If you do not like the change, or have made other modifications to the skin and lost them, a backup is your friend.

The 3 files are:
DialogFullScreenInfo.xml
Includes_Workarounds.xml
MyVideoNav.xml

The DialogFullScreenInfo.xml is the skin that will show the disk "hanging out" of the case while the movie is playing, and the info screen ("i") is brought up. Note: if the info screen is showing, and the movie is paused the disk image will be still. If the movie is playing while the info screen is shown, the disk will spin Wink

The Includes_Workarounds.xml is what will display the disc image "hanging outside" the case while browsing movies in the fanart view.

MyVideoNav.xml is the skin that is used when browsing the movie list, and has the added code to show the disc image next to the cover.

You need to have transparent disk art named disc.png in each movie's folder to work. You can use the artwork downloader plugin, or the stand alone program Ember Media Manager to gather your artwork.

Here is a screen capture of the disk "hanging out of the case" while browsing the list in Fanart view:

Here is the disk hanging out of the case when the info screen is brought up. (Spinning if the movie is playing, as in the screen capture below, and why the disc appears to be crooked Smile )

To help find the changes if you are interested in them, I added a description above each section in the XML files. Just do a search for Added By: JohnWPB to jump right to the altered sections.

You can download the skins, both in a .zip file from my Microsoft One Drive here: AddDiscImage.zip
As a side note, your message links to images that are not viable! Loaded up the message in Firefox 38.0.5, Opera, Chrome, and Internet explores and get no images.

Good effort.
The disc not showing while browsing movies, is my fault, but It is all fixed now. I forgot to include the MyVideoNav.xml that has the additional code to show the disc image while scrolling down the list of movies.

I am running the Isengard Beta 2 on this machine (It worked here a few weeks ago with Isengard Beta 1 as well) , and running Kodi 14.2 “Helix” on my living room machine. This mod works on both version of Kodi's here.

As for Transparency!, I was not too certain of the version as it's a mixture of an older version, as well as files from the latest transparency SVN. When you go to Settings / Skin Settings / and the very bottom "Transparency!" there is a credit roll, but no version number. To solve this, I deleted my transparency folder (After making a back up of course) and installed the skin directly from the Kodi Repository through get more skins in Kodi. I then overwrote the 3 files with the ones from the first post. So to answer your question, I am now testing with the latest version of Transparency Wink

That being said, it pretty much should not matter what version of Transparency is being used, as I just added code to directly show new images.

As for the info screen, while the movie is playing, the disc appears next to the cover, and if the movie is playing, it spins. With a stock skin, and the 3 files from the first post dropped into it, the case cover is blue for my HD movies, and is gray for SD movies. I see no way this could be altered with the code that I added, as it is just an image control added to the skin to show one additional image.

As for the images in the above post, they are hosted on PostImage.org, and show on my desktop computer here. I tried Firefox, IE and Chrome, and the images in the first post show in all three browsers. They also show in Chrome and Firefox on the living room machine. Check your network / machines firewall, ad blocking ect.

Someone else please chime in and let me know if you see the images in the first post, just to be sure.

Also, can someone test the 3 files in the first post, and report back here and let me know if everything works ok for you. It would be much appreciated!
Ok; the fix is in Smile

All working.. as expected I think. The images in your first post are not showing, there is no path...save for the words [image: Spinning_Disk002.jpg] I suspect the images are in your personal cache. You might use something like ImageShack or Imgur for a free upload that provides a variety of forum, message and html links.
(2015-06-19, 18:11)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Ok; the fix is in Smile

All working.. as expected

So what was the problem with your cover images showing in yellow? I changed nothing whatsoever to fix that.

The images in your first post are not showing, there is no path...save for the words [image: Spinning_Disk002.jpg] I suspect the images are in your personal cache. You might use something like ImageShack or Imgur for a free upload that provides a variety of forum, message and html links.
[/quote]

Imageshack is no longer free. PostImage.org is free, and provides every type of link known to man, forum, hot link, direct link, Hotlink for Website, Social networks ect.

I still think something is wrong on your end. I just right clicked the image in the first post, and selected "View Image in new tab". The image shows up perfectly in the new tab, even after a Ctrl-Refresh, it is not cached. The path in the address bar shows: http://s17.postimg.org/mfkannwdp/Spinning_Disk0002.jpg

I went to a PC in the other room, and loaded the page with Chrome. The images show up, as well as on IE and Firefox on that machine as well. Just to make certain, I VNC's into the mediaPc in the living room, and the page loaded on that machine using Firefox and displayed the images.

Lastly to be 100% certain, I used my Galaxy Note 3 and Chrome to go to the page, and again, the images show up just fine.

I have no idea why you are getting yellow DVD covers in your skin, nor why you can not view images in this thread......
Quote:So what was the problem with your cover images showing in yellow? I changed nothing whatsoever to fix that
Ahem, No real issue, had to turn an offline drive to on... sorry about that. realized that after I removed your mod and saw it still had the issue, turned on the drive.... voila, went back and edited the message.

Your image still doesn't show regardless how I handle them or the browser used., but the Galaxy note images do show... sorry about sending you over to Imageshack, I had to switch over to Imgur for now myself. http://s17.postimg.org/mfkannwdp/Spinning_Disk0002.jpg works.
(2015-06-19, 21:46)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Ahem, No real issue, had to turn an offline drive to on... sorry about that.

No worries Wink

[quote='PatK' pid='2033198' dateline='1434743194']
Your image still doesn't show regardless how I handle them or the browser used., but the Galaxy note images do show... sorry about sending you over to Imageshack, I had to switch over to Imgur for now myself.

Yea, I used to use Imageshack, and all images I posted to this forum and many others are now broken images due to their changes.

I still have no clue why you can't see the images in the first post. I can see them on my network, neighbors network with a different browser, and over 4G with my phone, so they most certainly are actually there.

(2015-06-19, 21:46)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]http://s17.postimg.org/mfkannwdp/Spinning_Disk0002.jpg works.

You can see that picture directly.......now that almost certainly narrows it down to something on you end.... Canadian Firewall?! LOL!

I just edited the first post to see the code, and here is the exact code from the first post when I opened it to edit it:

Quote:Here is the disk hanging out of the case when the info screen is brought up. (Spinning if the movie is playing, as in the screen capture below, and why the disc appears to be crooked Smile )
[1mg]http://s17.postimg.org/mfkannwdp/Spinning_Disk0002.jpg[/1mg]

As you can see, the image linked is the exact link that you say you can view directly. I did have to change the [img] to [1mg] as when I re-posted the code, even within the quotes, it displayed the image Smile

Can someone else reading this, confirm if they can or can not see the images in the first post. Please?
' Wrote:Can someone else reading this, confirm if they can or can not see the images in the first post. Please?

yes there are two images clearly visible in the 1st post.
(2015-06-25, 08:31)PhilYHC Wrote: [ -> ]yes there are two images clearly visible in the 1st post.

Thank You!

So, anyone wanting to try this out, please do not be scared off by:

(2015-06-19, 16:38)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]It broke the images in my skin, as all the DVD covers are now showing up in yellow, meaning not found.
Good effort.

He later found out he had his external Hard drive turned off Wink As for error reporting, Good effort though Wink Smile Smile Smile (Sorry Pat, I couldn't resist! )

Also:

(2015-06-25, 08:31)PhilYHC Wrote: [ -> ]The images in your first post are not showing, there is no path...save for the words [image: Spinning_Disk002.jpg] I suspect the images are in your personal cache.

The images have been confirmed by PhilYHC, as well as a friend of mine I called a few days ago and sent to check out this thread.

So, basically everything has been good all along......
Like what your update does, have copied the files into the correct folder I think, can't see anywhere else for them but it doesn't work for me have it in fan art view.

have copied to the following path

Users\me\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\skin,transparency\720p\

I dont get any error when running kodi all the movies still play and all the artwork is still the same in other views just this part doesn't work

also i can't see the images either in the first post Smile
Hello;

I try this mod in my transparency skin, but don't show cdart image.

I read that it's necesary have in the directory a disc.png, I put it from media folder to my films folder but only show a clear dvd, with out any picture.

I read your code and you always used a cdart.png but my cdart images are [namefilm]-discart.png

I always use artwork downloader addon in my kodi

Do you have any solution ?

my system is a Raspberry 2 with OSMC software.
(2015-07-21, 13:15)emiralles Wrote: [ -> ]I read your code and you always used a cdart.png but my cdart images are [namefilm]-discart.png

I think you may be looking at the wrong code. cdart.png is for Music disc images, and is not related to the DVD modification in this thread in any way.

As for the name of the disk image:
I use Ember Media Manager to organize and download images. disc.png is the name that is given to the Disc artwork by that program, and as far as I know, it the universally accepted naming convention. The Disc Artwork follows the same naming convention as ClearArt.png and logo.png, and does not have the movie name in the name of the image.
Hi John

Just re-read your original post again, in case I was missing something, noticed you say "You need to have transparent disk art named disc.png" what do you mean by transparent disc art.

I have been downloading all my disc art from here

https://fanart.tv/

So I can choose the one I like, then adding it to the folder for each film should this not work or am I missing something.

As I said I see the disc art in other views and running it in fan art view isn't a problem as the movies play fine just not you mod

Thanks in advance
(2015-07-21, 20:38)pauwoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi John

Just re-read your original post again, in case I was missing something, noticed you say "You need to have transparent disk art named disc.png" what do you mean by transparent disc art.

I am not sure what you mean, it is simply that, a "transparent disk art named disc.png" Meaning, an image file, that is the image of the disk, that is transparent, meaning no background in the image. I do not know how else to describe it.

(2015-07-21, 20:38)pauwoo Wrote: [ -> ]As I said I see the disc art in other views and running it in fan art view isn't a problem as the movies play fine just not you mod

Thanks in advance

Ok, sorry, I am not following you again. You can see it in "other views" what do you mean?

There are numerous views in Transparency to include:

Fanart
List
Full List
Thumbnail
Cover Flow
Icons
Media Info
Thumb Wall
Item
Wall
Slide

NONE of them show the image of the disk for the movie by default. That is why I created this little modification, so I can see it when I browse my collection using the fanart view.
Sorry for not being clear I just meant is there is something specific about the disc art but clearly not, it is just art so that clears that little part up Smile

If I choose Icon view, when the disc case opens up I can see the disc art in this view, hope that helps
Pages: 1 2