Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound drops on kodi 15 beta 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi team,
Just updated my Kodi on my Minix x7 Arm android from 15 beta 1 to 15 beta 2 and I am running into problems.

In previous version DTS passthrough has worked perfectly, however in this version, I keep recieving audio drops every few seconds. If I disable my passthrough, the problem is gone but I lose my surround sound when I do.

Is there a workaround for this? or do I have to go back to beta 1?

Thank for all the time and effort put into Kodi, it is greatly appreciated.
Anyone?
The same problem on my atv1200.
debug logs (wiki)?
Thank you for your reply.
I was abroad for work, sorry for the late reply. Installed RC1 and still have the issue. Kodi debug uploaded

Url http://xbmclogs.com/pjd497k02
Please let me know if anything else is needed for troubleshooting, I have a free week so can provide all that is needed.
Seems there's one or two weird passthrough issues with minix and v15 right now. I'll see what I can find out.
Thank you for your time and effort! As said before, the issue was not present in beta 1, only from beta 2 and onward.

If anything needs to be done from my side, let me know.
Hi Scott, RC2 tested and still the same issue. Tried to goof around will all sound related settings and it's definately related to the DTS passthrough.
Any news on this issue? I am experiencing the same here. Same problem with Beta 1 though.
Also interesting: If I play DTS sound only everything is just fine. Hence the problem seems to be video related somehow..
Same issue here
Tested 15.0 official release. Same problem still exists.
same problem on some online streams on RC2 and final, audio loose after few seconds.

I found that my nexus player don't have "/sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw" file.
Hello,

By way of a comparison, Ive just purchased an AC Ryan Veolo 4k media player. This device comes with Android 4.4.2 (Kernal Linux 3.10.0) as its core OS. Amongst other apps, it comes pre-loaded with MX Player and SPMC 14.1. When I play movies through either of these apps I get DTS passthrough fine. I downloaded the latest official Kodi v15 from the Google Play website, and I get the same issue as everyone here.

Every 2 to 3 seconds the DTS drops and reconnects immediately, causing my reciever to momentarily loose connection. The options are almost identical between SPMC 14.1 and Kodi 15. I'm not sure about v15 releases, but it was "Compiled: Jul 21 2015"

Here's hoping theres a solution soon.
Any updates regarding the issue?
Pages: 1 2