Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi 15 Isengard Beta 2 and upwards] rewind and fast forward sluggish/slowmo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tested it on two of my Windows 7 Computers.

The fast stepping set to +-30 sec and 0 delay is instantly also the Arrow up/down is also instantly. But fast forward feels as if the video is in slow-motion. With x2-x8 it's in slow-motion, when I x32 fast forward it becomes sluggish, the picture jumps. Also when I rewind the Picture freezes except the "time scale in the upper right corner". After I stopped rewinding the video seems to take some time, as I can hear the sound, but the picture stays still.

In Kodi 14.2 I didn't had this behavior.

I'm running a Mysql databse on a WHS 2011 on a SSD + 5 HDD with an I3 3225 Ivy Bridge + 8 GB Ram.

On the Client Side I tested with my HTPC (I7 2600k + SSD + 8 GB Ram ) and on my Gaming Computer (i7 4770k + 780ti + SSD + 16 GB Ram)

Everything is wired with GB Ethernet.
Should be fixed meanwhile. Please test with a current nightly.
I will do that later today. Just to clarify, do you mean, that this is only in the beta 2 and was fixed in the newer nightly builds?
After some testing: The fast forwarding is much better, still not as smooth as in 14.2 but much smoother than in the beta 2. The rewinding still freezes the picture and it takes some time for the video and audio to "catch up" not as smooth as the fast forwarding.

Tested with: KodiSetup-20150624-95c0b93-master
Today I tested it with : KodiSetup-20150628-bef5713-master.exe

and I find it to be a bit more stuttering.
bump, in the newest nightly version KodiSetup-20150701-350eb24-master.exe it's actually gotten worse. forwarding stutters like hell. rewinding is just a jumpy picture and doesn't really rewind all the time, sometimes it's just stuck.

I would really appreciate it, if someone from the kodi team could answer.
Confirming this problem still exists on Isengard RC1.
confirm too. Still here.
Came to the forum to talk about this. It's definitely a problem. I'm using RC1
Wow I didn't think other people also had this problem. I thought it was just me, since I didn't get a lot of replies at first.
Can those having an issue see if this is fixed by using a keymap (wiki) like this with a keyboard (at least for testing)?

Make a plain text file with the following and call it something like "seek test.xml" and save it under userdata (wiki)/Keymaps/

See if that is more responsive. It will bypass the seek steps feature completely. If it's the same then the issue might not be specific to the new seek steps feature, but something more general.

EDIT: never mind, I was mistaken about what the issue was. Sorry.
Registered to the forum just to confirm that the keymap workaround works on my setup. Using RC1 on windows 8.1.

Obviously, this does not fix the fast forward and rewind issues. Would rebinding theses functions work as well?
(2015-07-04, 09:30)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Can those having an issue see if this is fixed by using a keymap (wiki) like this with a keyboard (at least for testing)?

Make a plain text file with the following and call it something like "seek test.xml" and save it under userdata (wiki)/Keymaps/

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <right>seek(30)</right>
      <left>seek(-30)</left>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

See if that is more responsive. It will bypass the seek steps feature completely. If it's the same then the issue might not be specific to the new seek steps feature, but something more general.

I wrote in my Opening Post, that I set the seek steps to +-30 and 0 seconds. Also what I mean, and probably the other poster is, that the fast forwarding and rewinding feature is stuttering, sluggish not smooth like in 14.2 and in other earlier Versions. The seeking is on my setups smooth and immediate with my settings.

Also are the seek steps and the forwarding/rewinding even dependent on on another?
D'oh, my bad. Sorry guys, I got confused and thought you were talking about forward/back steps :)
(2015-07-04, 22:43)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]D'oh, my bad. Sorry guys, I got confused and thought you were talking about forward/back steps Smile

No Problem.

The forward/backward works for me. What doesn't work is the fast forward and rewinding, It stutters and the picture sometimes jumps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4