Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "playing now" pops up...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when a new chapter begins, so why is that and how do I disable this pretty annoying/ distracting phenomenon Rolleyes
What are you playing and from what source?
@ nickr, from my HDD and I meant a DVD movie
shouldn't happen. Debug log (wiki)
well my ID is p4agobvgq and hopefully that is enough. btw I used xbmclogs.com.

thks in advanse
that's not a Debug Log :-)

1 enable debug logging in kodi
2 restart kodi
3 play a movie until you get the popup
4 upload the log to xbmclogs
oki do I will do that Nod

thks!
I can not reproduce my issue again as I did a windows repair a couple of hours ago and it seems to have fixed that annoying 'playing now' popup... very happy it did the trick Big Grin (who could believe it was a win fault?)

it was a third party program; "restore point creator" that alarmed me doing a repair using "tweaking.com, Windows Repair (All in One)" and had to do five fixes; 1: Reset registry permissions 2: Register system files 3: Repair WMI 4: Repair volume shadow copy service 4: Restore Important Windows services 5: Set windows services to default startup.

think it's time to throw my old JRiver MC in the trashcan, as KODI is a pleasant and much more easy software to handle Cool
actually it's amazing RoflBig Grin
Any chance your mouse was moving around causing the pop up?
I know about the sensitive mouse, but I was sitting several feet away in my sofa at the time. Wink
I have had computers wake monitors up from any number of things moving the mouse. (Traffic driving by, washing machine, walking past the desk, speakers vibrating it.)
I might give some credit on that, as it seems to be an issue when a motorbicycle drive by and so on. my house is all made in wood with no concrete at all.

actually it's bugging me and perhaps the Kodi koders can fix that 'hover on' and make it only work if I click one time instead.
I do know what movie is on anyway and 'playing now' is just to inform you I guess.

EDIT: at first I thought it only happened when a new chapter came up...
Kodi is not really designed for mouse use. Unplug it.
Get a mouse with an off switch. Most decent wireless ones will let you turn them off.

Personally I use a Logitech K400 keyboard and keep hitting the off switch on it when I am not using it. Partially to save the battery and partially not to accidentally wake something up.
thank you guys for replying. I use Logitech S 510 keyboard that came with a remote control and a simple mouse. have managed to program the remote (trial and error) now and experimented with the mouse pad, so you get to see what it brings.

After all, I think 'playing now' is unnecessary and easily forget to turn off the mouse. nothing strange when playing music ...
Pages: 1 2