Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Req help upgrade 12.2 to 14.2 on ipad2 please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
As the post says I am trying to upgrade my 12.2 xbmc to kodi 14.2.

My ipad2 is jbroken, and is running ios 6.1.2.

I have added the source for kodi into cydia, but it does not show me that there are any updates available, I am assuming this is because of the name change from xbmc to kodi.

I have read the wiki about upgrading but this seemed only for win & android, there was a small part about ios but it said that any updates would be available through cydia.
Well I can see 14.2 available through your source on cydia, but I don't fancy having two copies on the same ipad, 1 xbmc and 1 kodi.
Could someone please explain, do I need to uninstall my 12.2 through cydia to then re-install 14.2, or would 14.2 intelligently know I have 12.2 and guide me through the process, like it did on my laptop.

Many many thanks for any guidance and advice...
Sadsack.
Install Kodi and then uninstall XBMC. That's all. You can even uninstall XBMC first, as the settings will remain on the device.
Cheers Ned,
Thank you for the much needed advice..... So surprised I couldn't find a YouTube vid showing details.
Plenty of how to install though....
All the best
Sadsack