Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen Calibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear All,
I have been using XBMC/ KODI for more than a year. This fantastic media center has changed my life. However yesterday something bad happened.I was using KODI 14.2 and then I installed KODI 15.0. When I finished the installation I had problem calibrating the screen. I tried all the features (including calibration) but still didn't work. I spent over 5 hours trying to look for a fix, but nothing really worked.
some people suggested to make some changes in the video setting (http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_Calibration#...alibration...) at EXPERT setting level. However in my KODI at EXPERT setting level under Display mode; certain options such as : use the full screen window rather than true full screen do not exist at all. and it seems that this option can solve the problem.
After trying for several hours I decided to reinstall KODI 15 knowing this will erase all my data. After re-installation the problem still persists.
Your help is very much appreciated.

I am using MINIX as a media player and have SONY tv.

Regards
You mention a calibration problem, but don't mention exactly what the calibration issue is. If I remember correctly, several people having such issues have either tried different android HDMI out resolution settings like 1080P@60fps, etc. instead of automatic, others if only having 1/4 screen displayed during playback have found that disabling certain hardware accelerators have helped. There are plenty of Minix and other posts here in the forum related to issues you're possibly experiencing. For anyone to help you'll probably have to detail which MINIX box you're using and just what calibration issue you're experiencing... Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. what I mean is that the picture is too big for the screen (it is like zoomed). I am using MINX NEO X8-H and I do not think the problem is caused by MINIX. The problem was resolved when I went back to KODI 14.2 HELIX. Does that mean that KODI 15 has some problems causing this issue?

Thank you again.
I have a Matricom G-Box Q running Kodi 15.0 Beta and was experiencing similar problems. As recommended, I changed the Android HDMI out resolution settings from auto (720p-60hz) to 1080p-60Hz. This fixed the problem and the video is now being displayed correctly.

Many thanks
(2015-07-04, 04:58)datotansri Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply. what I mean is that the picture is too big for the screen (it is like zoomed). I am using MINX NEO X8-H and I do not think the problem is caused by MINIX. The problem was resolved when I went back to KODI 14.2 HELIX. Does that mean that KODI 15 has some problems causing this issue?

Thank you again.

I'd try what I recommended and the poster below you replied worked for them... or not, up to you... worth a try.

What it means is that 14.2 works fine and 15 does not as yet for your box. Whether this is due to code changes requiring you to make setting changes on your box or in KODI or some firmware issue, I cannot say for sure -but, I'd sure play around for a bit to find out. Of course, since you're paying a premium for MINIX why not check their forums or ask them? They certainly ought to know which versions are working on their hardware and if any tweaks or special versions of KODI are required...
Try this and see it if helps:

Go into Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> and disable "amcodec" but keep "mediacodec" and "libstagefright" enabled.
Dear All,
Thank you for your assistance and sorry for not replying on time as I was busy. Deanieman suggests that I change the Android HDMI out resolution settings from auto (720p-60hz) to 1080p-60Hz. I knew about this and to be honest (I may look an idiot here) I was trying to find out how to make this change and just couldn't. I am using Minx NEO X8-H and I navigated all kinds of settings and failed to identify where I can change the resolution. Anyway I will try to figure that out myself.

I will also try what Ned Scott suggested.

Thank you guys you are wonderful.
Generally, you go to the Android launcher (Home button most IR remotes), select settings, then go through until you find HDMI, it'll be set to auto, click it to manual and then select from the drop down list. It may be different on a Minix, but I sort of doubt it since it's in Android, not KODI. Not etched in stone since Minix does their own firmwares, as I understand, but likely.
Thank you. I got it and changed it but still didn't work.
I have tried everything suggested in the forum and nothing worked for me.
it first happened as I mentioned earlier when I moved to KODI 15.
I hope someone can help because there is an increasing number of people experiencing this problem.

the last thing I want to try is to completely erase KODI 15. I do not want to leave anything working on the background and then reinstall kodi14.2 helix.

How can I do that? I mean remove everything from the MINIX player I have.
Please advise.

Regards
Just wanted to add that even going back to kodi 14.2 the problem still exist. That is why I thought I should completely remove the current version.
Ned, I tried your advice and didn't work for me.
I think you'd best check the Minix forums and see what you can find for your specific box, whether they have other resources available for you, new firmware, etc.
Thanks technisol.
I have checked MINIX forums.
I do not think it is MINIX problem. I have been using it for 2 years without any problem. the problem only started when I upgarded kodi 14.2 to kodi 15.
It is a firmware issue. We know this because we know why it's happening. We know the specific change that is preventing v15 from working like how v14.2 did. Kodi v15 will no longer correct permissions that should be set correctly in firmware.
Thanks Ned appreciate your continuous support and clarifications.
let me clarify this: My MINIX was working perfectly for the last two years and there were no updates. if it is a firmware issue how did this happen? I am just being curious .
Ok I trust your technical ability and expertise ( I am not). So what should I do? what kind of changes/updates I need to make in order for MINIX to work?
Just bear in mind that now ALL kodi versions including 14.2 have the same problem.
I'm guessing it goes something like: you had to have a "customized" version that worked before, which you had to have because the permissions were not done correctly in the firmware. You upgraded, Isengard does not seek those permissions(the developers stopped trying to handle every broken firmware by making their own patches and fixes and put the responsibility back on the guys making money off the boxes -as it should be.) and you had a problem, so you probably downloaded and installed 14.2, which probably is not the exact "customized" version you had running before, so it too fails... Like I said, a guess, but not exactly a new story in this forum. Go to MInix, explain that you need the latest firmware for your box to run KODI Isengard or check their forum and download the firmware and just do the upgrade. Just be certain you get the correct firmware for your exact model of Minix box.
Pages: 1 2