Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Isengard rc1 - navigation with keyboard stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
starting with kodi 15 rc1 (also tested with nightly build from 3rd july), navigation with keyboard in the menu gets stuck after about every 3rd to 4th keystroke. i rolled back to nightly build from before rc1 (KodiSetup-20150625-6f9dfa4-master.exe) and this build doesn't have the issue.

win8.1 with latest updates / intel nuc - hd5000 graphics / bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) from when this happens?
i installed newest nightly build. it has the same problem - KodiSetup-20150710-f1d0024-master.exe
found, that the problem only occurs when the tv-plugin (argustv) is loaded and enabled.

debug-log contains test of main-menu keypresses with tv (argus-tv) enabled (problem occurs: stuck for a while, after every x presses),
then with tv disabled (no problem / not stuck)

log: http://goo.gl/lnGdgi
since it seems to be related with enabling TV, i have posted the problem in the argus-tv forum as well...
http://www.argus-tv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6672
I doubt that the root cause is the ATV-plugin.
It also encounters, when the scrapers start to scrape and (everytime) when the scanning of directories starts. It's rather a system issue of handling parallel processes of the new Isengard in my opinion.

Just my two pennies... Chris
i'm not saying that it's argus-tv. it's just the tv plugin that i'm using and enabling tv is causing the issue for me.
could easily be that other plugins will have the same problem.
br
Just for info I seem to have the same sort of issues. I'm finding Isengard is "hanging" and getting very stuck in the menus although playback continues quite happily in the background of audio streams,etc.
I also use Argus TV as my PVR.
I'll try to grab a log and also will try rolling back to the build suggested above to see if it resolves the problems.

EDIT: Log here
just found that the new builds seem to have a similar problem with streaming "live-tv".
with new builds the picture gets stuck a bit from time to time.
with old build (pre-rc1), the picture doesn't get stuck.
There is a separate thread recording this (or something very similar) occurring with the DVBLink PVR backend too.
Same problem here... any news?
similar problem here on multiple installs all windows 7 all using next pvr plugin when live tv is enabled gui hangs every 3 seconds for aprox. 1 sec then continues. you can see it clearly by watching the rss feed track across screen. when live tv is disabled it runs smooth as silk.
seems that the problem is kind of fixed in kodi 16 alpha.

with kodi 16 nightly (KodiSetup-20150727-461829e-master.exe) the gui doesn't hang every few seconds with tv enabled, when navigating with the keyboard.
also live-tv seems to be working again. but since it's an alpha it seems to have other problems.

- recordings are "grouped" in a folder although there is only a single recording of this type.
- kodi completely hung (black screen) when trying to play around with recordings and settings
- probably more...?

would be great to get a fix in a release version of kodi 15.

br
seems that the pre-15.1 isengard test version downloaded from this thread solves my problems
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233293
(KodiSetup-20150728-5f24ccd-Isengard.exe)

probably this listed fix is doing the trick: "pvr: fix holding lock while querying backend"
no more stuttering in the menus, and live-tv...

br