Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS 5.1 Kodi 15 Isengard crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have installed kodi 15 on iPad 1 running 5.1.1 from cydia and it just keeps crashing. I can't get in to it at all. Any suggestions?

Edit by memphiz: The current workaround for this is in post #12
post the debug log (wiki) and the crashreporter file ( http://kodi.wiki/view/IOS_FAQ#Userdata_folder_and_logs ). Without this i can't tell you anything. Also is this a fresh install or an upgrade from a previous kodi or xbmc installation?

I need much more information to help you mate ...
(2015-07-22, 14:02)Jpdemain Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed kodi 15 on iPad 1 running 5.1.1 from cydia and it just keeps crashing. I can't get in to it at all. Any suggestions?

samme here

after update
Same here, the only thing I was able to do is to uninstall, reboot iPad and install 14.2 again ...

Memphiz - happens both - on upgrade and brand new installation - I'll try to get logs for you

Log from today : https://cloudup.com/ceR0t_nXogN
you are all on ipad 1 with ios 5.1.1? (sorry mine ist still loading - battery is empty)
(2015-07-22, 22:14)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]you are all on ipad 1 with ios 5.1.1? (sorry mine ist still loading - battery is empty)

yep
At first It was to be an upgrade. But then I removed everything and tried to do a new install, with the same issue. Will try to get logs
Could you also post a debug log (wiki) i can't reproduce it.
holy crap - is it a really really really short flash of a black screen and instant return to the ios app screen you see? If so - i can reproduce. Bad news is - this isn't even a crash. Its a premature abort which happens before i even can attach any debugging tools. I have never ever seen something like this before.

I fear that apple has a big issue to support those deployment target settings. I set the deployment target to ios 5.1 which means that kodi should run on everything which is ios 5.1 and newer. We had a similar issue on macosx 10.6 where the deployment target was set properly but the resulting binary refused to run.

Seems apple is not really interested in supporting that backward compatibility the deployment target features suggests.

The fact that it doesn't even crash because the whole abort is much earlier just annoys me because i don't think i can do anything about it but declare ios 5.x unsupported in the end.

Thx apple you screwed it up ... again ... fuckin idiots.
That's it!!!
mhhh seems to be either a cydia or signing issue. Looks like even if that ios5.1.1 ipad is jailbroken it wants the app to be signed. So in general it works if i sign it with my developer cert. Strange - this doesn't happen on ios6 devices. *grrr*
ok as a quick workaround - ssh into the ipad as user root and issue:

Code:
apt-get install ldid
ldid -S /Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi

I try to come up with a automated solution until we release kodi 15.1.
I've added those instructions to the Isengard FAQ (wiki), iOS FAQ (wiki), and HOW-TO:Install Kodi for iOS (wiki).
Thank you Memphiz for all your hard work Smile
@NedScott thx - this won't be needed on the next isengard release.
Pages: 1 2 3