Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV or Movies Not Both on iPhone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my local files ported to OPlayer on my iPhone 6. Great for watching whatever, as long as they aren't AC3 encoded, fine. However, a lot of my movies are AC3 and OPlayer can not support them. So, I open Kodi for that - perfect.
One problem, and it has never been addressed; I set up Kodi to browse for my files, only Movies (if I set the "mobile" folder up for movies - MDB scraper) will show on the main screen and TV (if I a folder called "mobile episodes" for TV shows - TVDB scraper). Only one option shows on the main screen (see pic).
I go into Setting-Appearance-Settings and if I have TV episodes loaded, "Movies" is subdued and can NOT be turned on. If I browse for files from the "mobile" folder, only "Movies" shows up and "TV shows" is subdued.
What is the fix for this? I have yet to get an answer... Before updating to Kodi, It worked fine while it was xbmc. Now the code changed somehow and I can not get it to show both "Movies" and TV shows" at the same time.
What does subdue in this context mean. Also i think you forgot to link the screenshot you mentioned. All in all i don't understand your question please rephrase in a short way.
Subdued = unselectable, dimmed.
Here's the pic:

http://imgur.com/uaCvVwM
post a debug log (wiki) - sounds like a corrupted movie database
http://pastebin.com/M9ycwULG

Could it be because I am putting the files into the OPlayer folder? I'll give the try of just putting the files into the \Library folder
you seem to have added /var/mobile to the sources and set content to either tv show or movies on it. This is a bad idea - it searches recursively through everything under that folder. If i was you i would do it pretty easy.

Put all movies into /var/mobile/movies
Put all tvshows into /var/mobile/tvshows

Remove all sources in the files view
Remove all current databases
Code:
mkdir /var/mobile/dbbackup
mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos*.db  /var/mobile/dbbackup

And then restart kodi and add the 2 new sources (movies and tvshows) and set content on them.
That was the fix! Thx!