Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: play-button missing in tv-shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I just updated to kodi 15.
When I select an episode of a tv-show the play-button is missing.
Is there any way to get it back? I also tried to reset the skin but without any luck.

P.S. How can I post a picture here? There is no upload function?

CU
mts
(2015-07-25, 12:24)themts Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Is there any way to get it back? I also tried to reset the skin but without any luck.

CU
mts

You can upload a picture to imgur or anywhere else, then use the 10th icon along to post it here.

The Play button has been added back for the next release, I'm now waiting on translations for it.
I have a similar problem with the youtube addon:

This is a fresh setup with openelec 6 beta and i havent imported my old library back in yet so i cant confirm the same problem in tvshows.
Other video add ons work fine tho and the play button appears in the standard confluence skin.
(2015-07-28, 09:50)da.schizzle Wrote: [ -> ]I have a similar problem with the youtube addon:

This is a fresh setup with openelec 6 beta and i havent imported my old library back in yet so i cant confirm the same problem in tvshows.
Other video add ons work fine tho and the play button appears in the standard confluence skin.

(2015-07-25, 17:21)Piers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-25, 12:24)themts Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

CU
mts

You can upload a picture to imgur or anywhere else, then use the 10th icon along to post it here.

The Play button has been added back for the next release, I'm now waiting on translations for it.
Hello,

I have the same problem.
I updated Kodi from 15.0 to 15.1, but it did not fixed anything.

Do you know the version in wich it should be solved ?

Thanks for your work anyway Smile
Shiiv
Oh I have just noticed that the issue happend only when i use the "Xperience1080" skin :/

Edit : oh ok i just understood the fix is for Xperience1080 and not Kodi xD - sorry
(2015-08-31, 09:40)Shiiv Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I have just noticed that the issue happend only when i use the "Xperience1080" skin :/

Edit : oh ok i just understood the fix is for Xperience1080 and not Kodi xD - sorry

Kodi is the media center and xperience1080 is a skin. So you can't use xperience1080 without kodi. I think what you mean is that it works when you use another skin. But Piers already said that the play button is going to be added back. It appears on my configuration. Which language have you set in settings? Maybe the translation is still missing in your language. Can confirm that german works.
I am using Kodi 15.2 Release Candidate on 64-bit Windows 7. I did a fresh install and then installed the xperience1080 skin from the repository within Kodi (so I have the latest there, but not from the GIT). In the USTV VOD plugin, only Refresh is shown, as others have reported. Play, and the other buttons, are missing. My language is english.

If I switch back to the Confluence skin, USTV VOD displays Play, and other buttons. The Refresh button is grayed out. This would make me suspect that Xperience1080 has some polarity backwards in which only disabled items are displayed and the working ones are not shown at all.

I will download the xperience1080 file from GIT if it supposed to be fixed there.
Again, still waiting on translations before I push a release... once the main EU languages are done, I'll send this release out.
Here's a rough idea of what's been done:

English - 100%
English (US) - 100%
English (Australia) - 80%
English (NZ) - 52%
Lithuanian - 100%
German - 100%
Dutch - 93%
Polish - 91%
French - 84%
French (Candada) - 84%
Portuguese - 75%
Portuguese (Brazil) - 84%
Korean - 83%
Hebrew - 82%
Italian - 82%
Spanish - 82%
Swedish - 82%
Malay - 81%
Croatian - 80%
I downloaded the zip from the first post in the skin test thread, and I can confirm that "Play" is now present and works in USTV VOD.

As I am not familiar with the internals of Kodi, a skin, or a plug-in, I don't know where the list of menu items comes from. In the Confluence skin, "Play", "Cast", "Choose Art" are present and select-able, while "Refresh" is grayed-out. In Xperience1080, "Play" and "Refresh" are the options; there does not appear to be a means to choose "Cast" or "Choose Art". If these two are a function of the choices of the Xperience1080 skin, then all is fine (although personally, I would like to be able to pick the artwork.) If the plug-in dictates the menu choices, then two are still missing.
(2015-09-21, 23:55)bbqbob Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the zip from the first post in the skin test thread, and I can confirm that "Play" is now present and works in USTV VOD.

As I am not familiar with the internals of Kodi, a skin, or a plug-in, I don't know where the list of menu items comes from. In the Confluence skin, "Play", "Cast", "Choose Art" are present and select-able, while "Refresh" is grayed-out. In Xperience1080, "Play" and "Refresh" are the options; there does not appear to be a means to choose "Cast" or "Choose Art". If these two are a function of the choices of the Xperience1080 skin, then all is fine (although personally, I would like to be able to pick the artwork.) If the plug-in dictates the menu choices, then two are still missing.

Picking the artwork for a single episode or a series?

Examples:

Press 'i' on a TV Series and you will be able to Open, Choose Artwork, Refresh all, view cast
Press 'i' on a single episode and you will be able to Play, Refresh single episode information, view cast

Viewing cast requires ExtendedInfo to be installed.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. For others that come to this later, "i" is the key on a keyboard. Pressing "i" on the remote control does not work.

"Play" is still not present in the You Tube Add-on. I am using Kodi 15.2 RC2 on Windows 7.
(2015-09-28, 21:59)bbqbob Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the tip. I didn't know that. For others that come to this later, "i" is the key on a keyboard. Pressing "i" on the remote control does not work.

"Play" is still not present in the You Tube Add-on. I am using Kodi 15.2 RC2 on Windows 7.

Press 'C' on the season or item to bring up a menu - a season artwork option is in there.
Had the same issue on 4.09.99 version.
Search for the following in file "DialogVideoInfo.xml":

<item id="1">
<label>$LOCALIZE[41315]</label>
<onclick>SendClick(2003,8)</onclick>
<visible>..........

and change the visibility line to:

<visible>Container.Content(files) | Container.Content(songs) | Container.Content(episodes) | [Container.Content(movies) + !System.HasAddon(script.cinema.experience)]</visible>

This line was taken from 4.2.0.
That worked for me.

pOpY
Pages: 1 2