Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: There's a guy selling FireTV sticks with Kodi and 1Channel installed in my area…
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He's buying the FireTV sticks for $40, installing Kodi and a few (unauthorized) plugins and turning around and selling them for $100, and providing "tech support" and basically acting like he owns Kodi and all the plugins and has the right to be selling them.

Who can I contact to help me put a stop to this clown?
everyone has the right to sell open-source software.
Umm..
You're telling I could download the latest Kodi installer, burn it to a CD, and walk around selling them?
Or better yet… download it, re upload it to my server, and then charge people for the download?
Yes

That being said, him selling it with things like 1channel installed does violate our trademark because it confuses people about Kodi including 1channel or not. If he wanted to get past that then he would just need to rename the program and use a different logo/icon, and not refer to it as "Kodi".
Wow. That's incredible. And here I thought I was doing the right thing by defending the devs, and no one actually gives a shit.
He's got about 20 of the most popular streaming plugins in case one goes down. That can't be ok.
Like I said, he's probably violating our trademark. We can do something about that, but you haven't really told us anything we can take action on, like where he's selling these.
Gotcha. I'll get more info.
Sorry, I was logged into my old acct for some reason when I started the post. Same guy.
Well I'm looking but all I can get right now is a Facebook tag.
Looks like he's already shutting down some of his advertisements.
He's still all over the Modesto, CA USA Craigslist tho.
Pages: 1 2