Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Client won't connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have went through the complete guide and I have WMC, ServerWMC, and Kodi running on my HTPC box (Windows 7 32 bit). Everything works great locally on the HTPC. I even tested the web page status. When I try to connect Win 7 Kodi pvr.wmc from a different client on the same network I only get "Connection Lost". I am fairly certain there is a very simple problem. But so far I can't find it. The server seems to be listening. When I telnet to HTPC 9080, the screen clears and waits for input. Any coaching would be a great help.

ServerWMC log: http://pastebin.com/FGUWfPCv
Your ServerWMC log doesnt show anything untoward... it is just sitting there waiting for a request. No client is seen connecting etc (not even your local client). Do you have a local firewall on this PC that might be denying the incoming requests? I guess not if a telnet attempt worked.

A debug log from the Kodi with the problem connecting might help. Also if you can indicate what you have setup in the "Configure" section of pvr.wmc in terms of server name and port etc. Also you didnt mention what version of Kodi and pvr.wmc is on the 2nd client
You can also try using the IP Address when you configure the add-on in Kodi. Something they have difficulty with machine names.
Thanks for the responses. I'll try these tonight.
And the winner is... a hard IP address. I said it would be simple. Now I just have to set up the HTPC with a static address.