Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenElec 5.0.8 Restart Loop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a RPi B Model with 512MB. I'm running OpenElec for long time.
Today, maybe due to update, Kodi is in restart loop.
When I turn on the RPi I see OpenElec screen with version Official 5.0.8 then I see Kodi 14.2 splash screen for very short time and then the RPi restart and everything repeats forever.

How can I fix that without losing my library information?

Thank you,
Ido.
I've had this before twice, the first time my SYSTEM file became corrupted, I was able to download the tar file extract it and just replace the SYSTEM and KERNEL files on the fat32 partition.

However I think you can just drop the *.tar file on your the fat32 partition and it will just manually extract it now though ?

The second time it was the guisettings.xml file within the /storage/.kodi/userdata folder that was causing the reboots. I wasn't quick enough to delete it via ssh so I used raspbian. Once raspbian booted I just plugged the openelec card in via USB in a card reader.
I then backed up my .kodi folder first then deleted guisettings.xml using the raspbian Gui file manager.

There is probably a much easier way Wink
"RPi restarts" - doubtful, presumably you mean "Kodi restarts"?

A Kodi log file would be useful - you'll need to connect using ssh and upload the file (systemctl stop kodi; paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.old.log) or grab the logs from the smb Logfiles folder upload them somewhere (dropbox etc.)
Yes, Kodi restart
I can't connect using ssh as it restart to quickly. I have a Mac but it does not mount the disk partition of the kodi.
I've install Ubuntu on virtual machine and I'll try to access the SD partition and see the log file.
If Kodi is crashing and restarting you should still be able to ssh in.
Have you ever ssh-ed in before? You need to enable it in the OE settings add-on.
Hi,
I've connected the SD card to linux machine and the file Storage/.kod/temp/kodi.log is 0 bytes.
I'm not sure what that means?

How is it best to try to fix this?
Should I delete the temp directory?

I'll recap the information:
I start the RPi
OpenElect 5.0.8 starts
Kodi 14.2 starts
The RPi restarts (probably due to Kodi issue)
The whole process repeat forever

Thank you,
Ido.
I found the problem, it was .kodi/userdata/Database/Addon16.db
After delete this file Kodi run fine, I just need to reinstall all my add-ons.