Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Red mute icon problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys I'm just wondering if someone can help me, I've got that little red mute icon in the top right hand corner of my screen, I've tried going into the volume settings whilst playing a video and moving the volume from -60.0db all the way to 0 like in one of the videos I found on here and it still doesn't work, my head is fried need help ?
+ sign via USB keyword
Cheers for that it worked :-)
Hi there

I am having the same issue but i didn't understand the solution.
If you could explain it step-by-step- for me I sure would appreciate it.
Please and thank you :-)
Press + button in your keyboard or remote control a few times..or volume up if you have device with this button...
Hi all,

I am having the exact same problem. I have just downloaded the Kodi addon on my new smart TV and when trying to watch a film it is automatically on mute (red icon in the top right). I too have tried moving the volume from -60.0db all the way to 0 and this does nothing, although the icon does go. I have plugged a keyboard in the tv and tried + and F8 and still no joy. Driving me nuts!! The tv plays sound through my surround sound system via scart lead and sound works fine the moment I leave the Kodi addon.

Can anyone make any suggestions? Do I need to download the remote from app store to my phone and try this?
I have this problem too. I think an explanation is in order.

Kodi is running on my smart TV (Sony Android TC) - it's passing through audio to my amp just fine, i hear system sound as well. I believe the problem is that Kodi knows i have the volume turned to 0 on the TV itself and so it's displaying that icon. Is there a way to manually turn the icon off?

Thank you!
(2016-01-07, 02:14)slewis69au Wrote: [ -> ]I have this problem too. I think an explanation is in order.

Kodi is running on my smart TV (Sony Android TC) - it's passing through audio to my amp just fine, i hear system sound as well. I believe the problem is that Kodi knows i have the volume turned to 0 on the TV itself and so it's displaying that icon. Is there a way to manually turn the icon off?

Thank you!

Update to the Kodi v16 beta. It will delink the Kodi volume and the Android system volume.
Plus button... Ugh I've been trying to figure out what was wrong for the last day! I'm not sure how I got muted in the first place but it's ridiculous that you can't unmute from the GUI.

Sent from my Pixel XL
you can but not easily. you have to play a video and then bring up the audio controls from the sound icon.
You must have accidentally set mute with whatever control device you have, thus you should be able to reverse it by pressing whatever it was that activated mute. This is only volume gui controls on touch skins because there is no need when using a physical control device.
hello
I have this same problem have tried all of the above, but nothing seems to work, can anyone advise what I am doing wrong? please Smile
If you have the red icon in Kodi, then Kodi is muted. You just need to turn the mute off, or turn the volume up - note, not on your TV - on your HTPC. Not much more that can be said without a bit more than "me too" - platform, peripherals, etc.
Damn I had this a couple weeks ago and the fix was a major "DUH!" moment. Just find all the various volumes on your system and check them.

Oh.. you know what it was for me? A friend had hit the volume down button or the button on my wireless keyboard and that caused it. I normally use the remote control for my stereo so that's why I didn't figure it out at first

Sent from my Pixel XL
Anyone coming back to this old post, might want to look at the Wiki...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Which clearly shows that on a Keyboard, if you hit the Plus + or Minus - keys, that controls the volume in Kodi.
Pages: 1 2