Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15 volume display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have upgraded to Kodi 15 on my T8 Android box , but when I use the volume up & down , I now have two volume displays at the same time , the Android box & Kodi displays volume on screen together , is there a way to turn one off , has anyone else had this problem , Thanks for any help or info on this
The android volume bar is out of our reach. Removing the update of the Kodi bar for 16 on Android is under consideration.

For 15, no solution (besides skinning hacks, maybe)
IMO, we should do what used to be done with linux (not sure if this is still the case). A toggle in settings for volume key control that says volume keys should either control system volume or Kodi volume, and then we only show Kodi volume change when Kodi's volume is changed/has control of volume keys.
Sure thing, if the setting still exists.
Adding/reactivating a user setting might lead to bikeshedding if it isn't still there, though Wink
Damn, it's no longer there, lol.

Seems it was no longer needed when SDL was dropped for linux, and was removed for Helix.
Is this a problem for all android devices, with the Android box & Kodi displays volume at the same time

Also this has stopped my VideoScreensaver app working , i have it set to start after 3 mins

When my screensaver starts up with two volumes, android volume starts then there is a slight delay before the kodi volume starts , this then shuts down the screensaver
Yes, it's on all android devices.

Obviously, hitting a key cancel the screensaver, so not sure what you mean by "stopped working"
This is without touching the keyboard or remote , its when the screensaver first starts , the screensaver reads the volume in settings as it starts ,but with there being being two and a slight delay between them , this acts as though you have touched the keyboard or remote thus closing the screensaver
Mmm... Just reading the volume shouldn't make the notification appear.
Is this a kodi screensaver or an android one? If it's an android one, there is just no way for Kodi to cancel it (I searched a while to be able to do so Wink )
This is a screensaver for kodi , here is a link to the one I am using.
Code:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210943
A debug log would help...
(2015-07-29, 08:16)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]The android volume bar is out of our reach. Removing the update of the Kodi bar for 16 on Android is under consideration.

I have the same problem when adjusting the volume on my TV both android box volume and kodi volume display on screen at the same time. This did not happen with any of the previous versions of XBMC/Kodi why is it happening with Kodi 15? ... this might not be a problem with many but i find it very annoying to see two volume displays on my TV screen every time i adjust my volume. I would prefer to see the kodi volume "only" when I'm using Kodi it displays on the top right cornner of the TV screen out of the way and more pleasant. Please advice if the is a way to correct or work around this problem for someone like me thats not super tech minded.
(2015-07-28, 23:36)marson Wrote: [ -> ]I have upgraded to Kodi 15 on my T8 Android box , but when I use the volume up & down , I now have two volume displays at the same time , the Android box & Kodi displays volume on screen together , is there a way to turn one off , has anyone else had this problem , Thanks for any help or info on this

(2015-07-31, 01:32)yanniyzfr1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-29, 08:16)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]The android volume bar is out of our reach. Removing the update of the Kodi bar for 16 on Android is under consideration.

I have the same problem when adjusting the volume on my TV both android box volume and kodi volume display on screen at the same time. This did not happen with any of the previous versions of XBMC/Kodi why is it happening with Kodi 15? ... this might not be a problem with many but i find it very annoying to see two volume displays on my TV screen every time i adjust my volume. I would prefer to see the kodi volume "only" when I'm using Kodi it displays on the top right cornner of the TV screen out of the way and more pleasant. Please advice if the is a way to correct or work around this problem for someone like me thats not super tech minded.

Hi marson, did you have any luck with fixing the volume display problem? any help/advise would be much appreciated.
Ok I have a 1G/8G MXIII from ~2014. I think its just about a year old now that it came with 108k4 at stock... 8 here being August.
As like most amlogic S802 Devices... I have had the 1/4 Screen Bug as well. Apparently the trick here is to unpack the boot.img File with something like Android Kitchen, and alter the Permissions needed to run XBMC / Kodi to 666 from inside that, before repacking it up, and flashing it again. Having had somebody else do this for me... (All I originally asked for was to have init.d support), so as to run a script at boot time to make those changes. kodi 15 is now woking on that front.

My beef is now solely with the the way Isengard is handling the Volume's Up, Down, & Mute. I'd really like to see a return to how it was done in 14.2 where Kodi had the full control over the Volume from inside Kodi. As it is now Android has near full control over the Volume, and its breaking my Dolby / DTS Pasthough normaly a Prohibited Sign Passthough in use dialog pops up in these instances. Now if I'm not thinking and I alter the Volume I'm then greeted by some very annoying distortion, until I increase the volume back to 100%

And, the way I'm reading this Thread... You lot have no interest in fixing this until Version 16?!

Ok fine... Then tell me One thing HOW THE [REDACTED] can I continue to use 14.2 (Which actually worked, and works!), and be able to continue to use my Play Store to update my Apps without having to resort to having to install EVERY APP by hand, ONE BY ONE! just to avoid installing this broken v15?! As I can recall I downloaded it here originally, and NOT on Google. AFAICR this is the first ever App I've installed outside of the Playstore that was treated that way. And to be frank I really hate you all for it! I'd have a much greater chance of accepting this had I downloaded the Playstore branch from the start.

But please don't put this Bug off till v16!
Wow, what a dick.
Pages: 1 2 3 4