Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I've been using ServerWMC without issue for a very long time now from my Fire TV and Fire TV Sticks with Kodi / SPMC sideloaded and the Emby plugin as well for good measure Smile I've just bought an Android TV and have sideloaded Kodi onto that to try out.

I guess the above is info not required but it's the whole history Smile At roughly the same time I bought the TV I seem to have occasional crashes of ServerWMC the first I put down to the PC having been on for a long time, the second I thought was a coincidence the third time I thought I'd pull the logs as it could be a real problem Smile

https://paste.ee/p/i9C6f

New Link as paste.ee seems to be down

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6d164465220057b66f41

.160 will be the FTV and .250 is the ATV if it makes a difference.

Cheers

mini
It is an uncaught communication error, but I can't tell what is causing it. And staring at the code I can't see where we could get an uncaught error in the procedure it references. Net time it happens, post that log too please.
Which log do you need next time, if it's Server side it may still be in the log dir...
Yes, the serverwmc log. Also, is there any third party software that could be effecting the connection that you didn't have running when things were working?
Oh sorry I understand you just mean the log the next time it happens. As far as I am aware I have made no changes to anything network related on the Server side, other than if something happens to be included in the Windows updates....

I'll see if I can replicate it again by playing and stopping and playing again, from memory all three times it's been after playing back a recording rather than live TV that it's happened. I wonder.....I'll have to go check the config of kodi to see if I have set on the ATV the option to prevent updates during playback.
Any chance your log paste got truncated? Because the end of the log (the part I want to see) looks to be missing.
2015/08/01 18:09:34.277 Finished request GetRecordings in 0.65s
2015/08/01 18:11:12.407 Uncaught Thread Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ServerWMC.Worker.SocketServer.ReceiveCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
Is that last bit all you need? Sorry working from my phone so hard to copy and paste Smile
Same damn thing as last time - at least its consistent. I can't see why its happening yet. Scarecrow, if you have time, can you see why this exception is not caught?
yeah sorry I hadnt been able to look yet as i only had my phone and gist is not phone friendly (unlike pastebin, hint hint). ill try and take a look when im on a PC
I had tried pastebin first time but I think it said my paste was too big. I'll try and use it from now on though Smile
Another one:

http://pastebin.com/kkeQzG0U

This is just the last bits of the log....
Not sure if this is of interest but have Errors in event log as well:

Application: ServerWMC.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
Stack:
at ServerWMC.Worker.SocketServer.ReceiveCallback(System.IAsyncResult)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr)
at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

And:

Faulting application name: ServerWMC.exe, version: 1.0.1199.0, time stamp: 0x557c49d1
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000007fe8f5a5d83
Faulting process id: 0x64da0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d081283d6089
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerWMC\ServerWMC.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 9e11a1f1-3cdd-11e5-b401-0050f2e4dd5f
And windows error reporting log:

http://pastebin.com/VE6VSRQt
Pages: 1 2