Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Programs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to this and could use some information. I have installed the latest Kodi or upgraded to the latest Kodi. What I am confused about it I see there is XBMC and TVMC and Kodi. I don't know who's related but they all seem to have the same screens. I do know that on TVMC auto configs the setup but a lot of the addons will not install correctly on it. I am sticking with all things Kodi.Are all three related or not related could someone just fill me in.
Kodi used to be xbmc. Tvmc is an unrelated group that tricks people into thinking they are xbmc. Their version comes with a bunch of piracy ad ons pre installed.
Funny enough to see another user confused. I suggest you to have a read on the thread below to understand it better:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233584
Thanks for you help. It all makes sense now. There were addons in TVMC that would not work. Now that I am back on Kodi only, the addons installed just fine. If can be any help against tvmc in any way count me in.. Now if I can just find my baseball team I am set lol