Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Padding issue in ServerWMC backend 1199
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appears there is a padding issue with the latest version 1199 of the ServerWMC backend.

I have been using ServerWMC for about 6 months, and started with version 1175. After playing with the padding options, I was able to get it to work so that all of the programs recorded had forced pre padding of 1 minute and forced post padding of 5 minutes. I have 8 tuners, so I never had a conflict, even with back to back shows.

I upgraded to 1190 and my shows continued to record as expected.

When 1199 came out, I upgraded and at first it appeared that my shows were recording as expected. However, last night I was looking at some recently recorded shows and noticed they did not have any padding.

My WMC guide was messed up due to the EPG switch to Rovi, so I cleared my series recordings and re-did my set-up to get my guide data fixed. As a result, I had to recreate my series recordings.

I started looking back through all of my shows and I noticed that not only were the new shows that just recorded as a result of the new series recordings I set-up recorded without padding, but some of the shows recorded prior to my resetting WMC also were recorded without padding. However, I had other shows recorded at the same time that did have padding.

After more research, I realized that the shows that were recording WITH padding were set-up as series recordings BEFORE I upgraded to 1199. All of the shows that were recording WITHOUT padding were set-up as a series recordings AFTER I upgraded to 1199.

Today I cleared all of my series recordings again, uninstalled 1199 and then re-installed 1190. I set-up some new series recordings with 1190 installed, and they all have the correct padding.

It appears that 1199 does not set-up recordings (manual and series) with the padding option.

Please look into this issue, thanks.
I will, but first please post your serverwmc log on pastebin and post a link to it here so we know your configuration settings first.
Here is my log running 1190:

http://pastebin.com/MR224g7q
Thanks @bcktvbc. You are right, a bug was introduced in 1190 that causes zero padding whenever the user sets the padding from serverwmc directly (like you do). Thanks for catching this. I have fixed it and I can give you to test before we release the next version if you are interested in testing it.
(2015-08-09, 19:36)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @bcktvbc. You are right, a bug was introduced in 1190 that causes zero padding whenever the user sets the padding from serverwmc directly (like you do). Thanks for catching this. I have fixed it and I can give you to test before we release the next version if you are interested in testing it.

Sure, I'd be happy to test it. Thanks.
I tested version 1207 and the installation did not automatically close the process. I had to manually terminate the service to continue the installation.

After I completed the installation, I rebooted and then set one new series recording and one new single episode recording. The series recording was also immediately preceding another series recording on the same channel that I previously had set-up.

It appears the padding issue has been fix but the installer is not working correctly.

Thanks
Thanks for testing the fix. Not sure about the installer.