Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lost connection with VDR Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI

Trying to get a RPi to talk to my Wetek Play to get the TV channels on it but can't get it to work
The Wetek PVR works fine (VDR Service and VDR VNSI Client)

On the RPi (192.168.1.203), I've installed the VDR VNSI Client is as default except for the IP number which is set to the Wetek device (192.168.1.202)
The web interface on the Wetek works fine

Logs Here Kodi Log

I get the same problem when using a Windows 7 laptop running Kodi 15 with the same version of VDR VNSI Client
So assume its something wrong with how I'm setting everything up

Thanks
Leigh

Details
Wetek - Openelec (Boot from SD card) 5.95.2 (Can't run 5.95.3 due to display problem) Kodi 15 Jun 15
RPi - Openelec 5.95.3 Kodi Jul 15 2015
Laptop Windows 7 - Kodi 15 July 21
check allowed_hosts.conf in vnsiserver folder where vdr plugins reside. You need to explicitly allow other clients or subnets
Found this allowed_host.conf in Userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/plugins/vnsiserver

#
# allowed_hosts.conf This file describes a number of host addresses that
# are allowed to connect to the streamdev server running
# with the Video Disk Recorder (VDR) on this system.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address[/Netmask]
#

127.0.0.1 # always accept localhost
192.168.0.0/24 # any host on the local net
#204.152.189.113 # a specific host
#0.0.0.0/0 # any host on any net (USE THIS WITH CARE!)

So looks like every is ok (All my computers are on 192.168.1.x)

Leigh
I thought 192.168.0.0/24 allows all machines with 192.168.0.xx access. You should change this ti 192.168.1.0/24
Thanks for the heads up about the IP being wrong for the 24 bit mask, made the change on the wetek, reboot and on the Laptop everything works fine most of the time.
On the Pi I get sound but most of the time no picture (Sometimes a picture does appear, seems random)

Log from the Pi here Log

Leigh
Sorry for the late, reply working 6/7 day week at the moment
Code:
ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.video_decode - OMX_ErrorUnsupportedSetting, unsupported setting

Looks like a Pi related issue. Could you ask this in the Pi section of the forum?
No MPEG2 codec licence. Get one here:
http://swag.raspberrypi.org/products/mpeg-2-license-key
Thanks, did wonder about the codec licence but did not see anything about MPeg2 in the log, will get one and see if it fixes the problem - will report back.
Leigh