Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've added a bunch of list items that are supposed to call another script function. It works just fine but every time I click on an item I see this error in my log:
Code:
ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: plugin://service.myplugin?id=51&pos=0&type=scroll

Obviously I'm not even trying to play a media file. I've searched the forum for hours now and haven't found much helpful information on this. I've tried setting the folder attribute to true, which did get rid of the error, but in turn spew out a bunch of warnings and didn't do anything on click.

I'm pretty sure this is a standard pattern, so hopefully one of you folks can help me out. A short example would be much appreciated.
add something like this before the script call.
Code:
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(handle=int(handle),
                                  succeeded=False,
                                  listitem=xbmcgui.ListItem())
Tried this before, but I always end up with something like "WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 19" and the error persists.
then show your complete code. Perhaps I misunderstood your use-case.
I've sent you a PM with the full code as I don't want to share it publicly right now.