Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best practice for using Ember on an existing library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Used to use Ember in the past but for the most part, Kodi seemed to do the trick for me.
Now, I've gone ahead and had Ember scrape my entire library again and am in the process of fine tuning images and info etc.

My question (finally!) is what's the best way for me to force Kodi to take those changes without refreshing each individual movie one at a time?

Thanks!
Remove the whole librarys in Kodi and do a rebuild or wait for the next Ember release with the new Kodi Interface (sync).
Thanks very much. Appreciate the quick response and your work on the tool.
I'll continue to fine tune for now.
Thanks again.
If you want to spare yourself a few clicks you could also just change the content to "none" and answer yes when kodi prompt to clean the database, then just change back to whatever it was, movies, tvshows...
Just my 2 cents :-D
(2015-08-03, 16:34)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the whole librarys in Kodi and do a rebuild or wait for the next Ember release with the new Kodi Interface (sync).
Will this sync only the differences between the nfo and the Kodi database on a per episode/movie level, or is it the same as setting a Kodi source to 'none' and back to TV/Movies and doing a refresh?

thanks Smile
No, it's a proper sync of fields over Kodi JSON interface.