Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [iOS] [RPi] Kodi remote constantly disconnection while playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,
I have a RPi 1 512 with a new set up OpenElec 5.0.8. Everything works flawlessly, even playing 192 kHz/ 24bit FLAC via HDMI to the Yamaha Receiver works perfect. 1080p DTS without any problems.

when I use the Kodi remote app (iOS, iPhone and iPad) to play movies or series there is no problem. Only when I play MUSIC with the remote, it keeps constantly disconnecting and reconnecting (not depending on what kind of music, i.e. FLAC/MP3/MP4)

I remember having this issue with one of the 4.x. releases but it disappeared. So it seems some versions of XBMC 13 Gotham had this problem. And now it is back after changing to 5.0.8 based on XBMC 14 Helix.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Phil

PS: After excessive googling I foudn several threads discussing this issue without finding resolutions, e.g. forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=165403 or forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=15001&page=2
Hello,
I've exactly the same problem when a play music with my ios phone as a remote.
I've tried several remote client on the app store but with the same result.
My kodi is on a raspberry with osmc.

Is the rasberry to slow to respond ?