Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recorded TV Not Grouped by Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to have the tv shows in my recordings grouped by show? When I go into Recordings I have every show listed individually in a long list which makes it difficult to go through.
(2015-08-07, 15:33)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to have the tv shows in my recordings grouped by show? When I go into Recordings I have every show listed individually in a long list which makes it difficult to go through.

That's strange. Mine are grouped by show. You'll need to provide a lot more information if we are to help you.

Do you have EPG data? How are the files named?
Thanks for getting back to me.

Well, it looks like something needed to refresh. I changed my "Custom path and Filenames" tab to one of the ones that would put the recordings into folders (%title%\%title% - S%series%E%episode% - %name%) and that looks like that solved the issue for things that recorded today although it wasn't working last night. Also, is there a reason that ones that I recorded on the fly would be named like they were movies?
(2015-08-08, 03:09)Doctor Eggs Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for getting back to me.

Well, it looks like something needed to refresh. I changed my "Custom path and Filenames" tab to one of the ones that would put the recordings into folders (%title%\%title% - S%series%E%episode% - %name%) and that looks like that solved the issue for things that recorded today although it wasn't working last night. Also, is there a reason that ones that I recorded on the fly would be named like they were movies?

That's just how MediaPortal works. If you set a single schedule, it uses the 'movies' naming. If you set a series, it uses the other one. It doesn't make much sense but I gave up arguing a long time ago.

Either way, they should be properly grouped in the recordings list in Kodi. Just not necessarily in Windows. It wasn't clear that this is what you meant. I assumed you meant the list in Kodi.
(2015-08-08, 08:27)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]It wasn't clear that this is what you meant. I assumed you meant the list in Kodi.

It looks like I'm all set. I was looking at the files in windows and was assuming the same layout would be true for Kodi but looking at Kodi, everything looks great. Thanks again.
Not sure if this is possible but can there be artwork associated with the recorded TV folders? I see that the individual recordings have thumbnails but can there be artwork at the show level? I've tried to manually put in a folder.jpg in the folders that contain the recordings as well as showname.jpg in the root of the recordings folder but neither show up.
I am having similar problems, can I ask if you save your movies, TV series and single recordings into different windows folders or just all into the same folder
Andy