Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proper set up for pvr with Nexus player, hd home run prime, kodi.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

In my office I have my computer my router. I have recently hooked up my HD homerun prime to this as well. I don't have Kodi or mythTV on my computer nor do I have hook up for a coax for it.

In the living room I have a nexus player with my tv. I have the hd home run app and kodi currently on the nexus. it is not wired for ethernet although I'm trying to get ethernet directly to the nexus player.

I don't watch TV on my computer nor do I need to .

I want to be able to make recordings of TV shows and watch them on my Nexus player, from my nexus player. what is the best and easiest way for me to do this. please hell me with the step-by-step instructions. Cheers
what operating system are you running on your computer? and do you have a coax running into the hdhomerun prime (along with a cable card) ...?
Windows 7
Splitter from the wall to the modem and the HD
I was having some serious problems I had to send back homerun I couldn't get any channels so a new one will be coming in a few days. I tried three different cable cards couldn't get it to work. I wasn't going to watch TV on the computer but the homerun came with a homerun view which enables one to watch TV. I just wanted to watch TV on my Nexus player. I also would like to get a PVR. I've been doing some research on myth or next but I'm not sure which one to use with Kodi.

a sidenote do you have any suggestions on HD homerun set up the support center they have is pretty weak and only available through email.
Myth backbend does not run on windows or android. Take a look at one of the windows backbends like nextpvr.
Go with windows media center setup then .. its probally more beginner friendly .. google a guide for setup .. then use pvr wmc on kodi .. GOOD LUCK
WMC is end of life isn't it?
SiliconDust is working on a pvr backend for their hdhomerun lineup. Expected to be due out this fall. Currently the beta is locked to kickstarer backers. I would wait on that since you are halfway there.