Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Configure: libuuid not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since yesterday git compiling fails on configure with the check for UUID and the message that it didn't found libuuid. Though, this lib is already installed on my ubuntu vivid and i can't find any hint of dependency changes in the docs.

Anybody an idea?
sudo apt-get install uuid-dev

After that is fixed there is another problem with missing libcrossguid which needs to be compiled from source.

I fail to see which commit introduced these dependencies.
EDIT: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6f81...ed1da0d43d

And README.Linux now states uuid-dev as dependency.

EDIT2:
quick way to get libcrossguid

cd tools/depends/target/crossguid
sudo make PREFIX=/usr

where PREFIX should be same as kodi ./configure --prefix=
Thank you very much
sudo apt-get build-dep kodi (after adding the build-deps ppa)
or
sudo apt-get install libcrossguid-dev (after adding the nightly ppa)
I don't know if this also works for other distributations, but under LUbuntu it works here with:

make -C tools/depends/target/crossguid PREFIX=/usr/local/
Due to the new dependency to libdcadec i tried the following suggestion to get that lib.

(2015-08-13, 09:31)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]sudo apt-get build-dep kodi (after adding the build-deps ppa)

though, doing so after adding the build-dependency ppa i get the error "Source package for kodi could not be found".

Any ideas?
Wrong ppa for that command.
ok, i used the only one i found, here on the official wiki specified http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Official_Ubuntu_PPA

If there is any other ppa for build-dep where do i find it?
its not only a build dep, but also a runtime dep, so you'll find it in the nightly ppa only until stable kodi needs it as well.
i don't get it. The lib is actually in the build-dep ppa. The problem is not that it does not find the lib, it is that build-dep fails with the error that it does not know KODI.

I solved the issue manually by maually installing the missing lib from the build-dep ppa. I just wonder why i can't make apt-get build-dep and get an unkown KODI error.
because kodi isnt in that ppa and build-dep is not how you install ANY specific lib into any Ubuntu.
ok. i ask again:
The instructions claim (and so i understood wsnipex above) that i need to add the build-dep ppa and then execute: apt-get build-dep kodi.

This will install all needed libs, as far as they are available.

But this fails, not because of missing libs, it fails with the error KODI is missing. How do you do it correctly? I can't find a correct description on how to install all build dependencies via that command correctly.
In the wiki it says add the build-dep ppa, the post above says only add the build-dep ppa. But the latter commands seems to say, it is the worng ppa. .... ?
because you obviously ALSO need a ppa enabled that provides Kodi...

If you find it that hard to compile from source, why not just use the packages we provide?
I cant explain this any clearer you need a ppa for kodi ONLY here like a nightly ppa would do it.
sudo apt-get install uuid-dev

sadly Ubuntu 16.04 and Kodi PPA did not get along so here I am building from scratch

and that new software installer is RUBISH !!! any missing dependency it sits their doing jack ...
Pages: 1 2