Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NextPVR PVR Client: Tuner Not Available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am a new Kodi user. I'm trying to get NextPVR integrated to the TV function but get the following error when selecting any channel: NextPVR PVR Client: Tuner Not Available. I can watch TV using NextPVR by itself but not within Kodi. My channels in NextPVR do not have any sub-channels (ie, set to 0). Please help!

I uploaded logs to http://xbmclogs.com/pxdmylgwt
(2015-08-16, 00:43)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]http://kodi.wiki/view/Configuring_live_TV_settings

Thanks for the help. I have looked at the wiki. Was there something particular on the wiki that you thought might be helpful? I think that my problem is pretty specific. Still looking for some help from someone more knowledgeable than me.
Your issue starts on line 772
14:23:54 T:8668 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Try: enable time shift, restart Kodi

Or since I don't know how you programmed your channels in nextpvr, I assume you also have subchanneling and set those correctly on your backend.

For helix, it worked, but v15 I have had issues, and I found that disabling the "use backend channels " solved tuner loss, and viewing of the .x channels.
(2015-08-16, 02:58)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]Your issue starts on line 772
14:23:54 T:8668 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Try: enable time shift, restart Kodi

Or since I don't know how you programmed your channels in nextpvr, I assume you also have subchanneling and set those correctly on your backend.

For helix, it worked, but v15 I have had issues, and I found that disabling the "use backend channels " solved tuner loss, and viewing of the .x channels.

I tried your suggestion and still no luck. I did not have any sub-channels (ie all set to 0). I am at a loss. Any other suggestions? Do you know any other way to get help from the community?

Thanks!
in your log, line 573 states no channels are loaded, then in 589, it states that 14 channels were loaded. Not sure what's going on there.

Is the backend on the same computer as Kodi?
(2015-08-18, 02:58)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]in your log, line 573 states no channels are loaded, then in 589, it states that 14 channels were loaded. Not sure what's going on there.

Is the backend on the same computer as Kodi?

Yes, it's on the same computer. The only other thing that I can think of to mention is that the same computer also has WMC on it and it also uses the same tuner. Could it possibly block or monopolize access to the tuner, a resource issue? But NextPVR works fine so I'm not sure that this would be the case. I'm stumped. Any other solutions or questions? Surely, someone else must have had this problem before!
Tuner not available is only stating that your backend cannot be reached for some reason. Wmc programmed or not will suck up a channel only if it's on and actively being used. I assume you don't have it running at the same time as kodi.

Your problem is the communication from the addon to your backend, and the 404 error proves that.

Enable user settings to expert, and go to live TV)general)channel management and ensure your channels are active. They should say IPaddress:connected
(2015-08-20, 02:08)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]Tuner not available is only stating that your backend cannot be reached for some reason. Wmc programmed or not will suck up a channel only if it's on and actively being used. I assume you don't have it running at the same time as kodi.

Your problem is the communication from the addon to your backend, and the 404 error proves that.

Enable user settings to expert, and go to live TV)general)channel management and ensure your channels are active. They should say IPaddress:connected

I followed you instructions above and all my channels are active and connected (showing 127.0.0.1). Still get the same error. Are we out of options?
No. Its something. New logs please. Start the app, access a channel, shudown.
(2015-08-21, 18:26)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: [ -> ]No. Its something. New logs please. Start the app, access a channel, shudown.

OK, I've uploaded a new log to http://xbmclogs.com/pr2gtilxw
It looks like it's saying it cant find a tuner that has that channel, and is available.

Quote:727.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream(11:KTTV-DT) (oid=7152)
728.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@1
729.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@2
730.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
731. Server: Microsoft-Cassini/1.0.0.0
732. Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:26:31 GMT
733. Content-Length: 1196
734. Connection: Close

If you can restart the NextPVR recording service (to force the logs to be recreated), then start kodi and try again to watch this channel, then zip and post the NextPVR logs directory (c:\users\public\npvr\logs), I can check why.
(2015-08-22, 00:53)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like it's saying it cant find a tuner that has that channel, and is available.

Quote:727.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream(11:KTTV-DT) (oid=7152)
728.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@1
729.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: OpenLiveStream()@2
730.15:26:31 T:9572 DEBUG: AddOnLog: NextPVR PVR Client: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
731. Server: Microsoft-Cassini/1.0.0.0
732. Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 22:26:31 GMT
733. Content-Length: 1196
734. Connection: Close

If you can restart the NextPVR recording service (to force the logs to be recreated), then start kodi and try again to watch this channel, then zip and post the NextPVR logs directory (c:\users\public\npvr\logs), I can check why.

Silly question: how do I post a zip file to this thread? Can't find that option Huh
I don't know - I've never done it here. You can always post the question on the NextPVR forums, and post the zip as an attachment there.
(2015-08-22, 04:52)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know - I've never done it here. You can always post the question on the NextPVR forums, and post the zip as an attachment there.

Good suggestion! Here is a link to my post there with zip attached:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post491522

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2