Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MQ6 - Issue with random/recently-added widgets on home screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, in MQ5 after I had defined custom playlists for my kids media and mine, when I put them on the main menu, the widgets used to show content from just those playlists. IE, the kids menu entry had the widgets set to random, and produced just random movies from that playlist, whilst the widgets for the main library (which excludes the kids stuff) showed only items that were in that playlist.

In MQ6, I can't seem to get the same behaviour. Random or recently added includes movies from the entire library, which isn't what I want. I want either random or recently added to just consider the defined playlist, not the whole library.

Does anyone know of a way that this can be achieved ?

I'm guessing that the behaviour has changed because the widgets are using service.library.data.provider and there doesn't seem to be a way to pass a playlist or a path to that.

Any help would be much appreciated as I don't know enough about skinning yet to change it to MQ5 behaviour on my own !!

Thanks.
@black_eagle, simple to solve, only choose widget for specific playlist, not use recent movies or random movies (it´s included all items in library by default). Top menu go to right with right arrow, find correct widget and done.
Ah, but that puts the entire playlist in the widget. That isn't what I want either sadly.

What I want it to do is what MQ5 does, a random selection (or recently added) from the appropriate playlist.
+1
+2

It's really an important thing that's missing at the moment. :-(
+3, I need this as soon as possible please. Also the library items for my playlists, Movies, Kids Movies etc is always shown as busy unlike my TV Shows.
+4 MQ5 worked flawless in this task/widget. I use playlist like most people to separate Kids Movies from Adult Movies. Home window will show a tab from "Kids Movies" and a tab for "Movies". MQ5 when I would have the widget set for "recently added" it would always who the added for that playlist. This new version "MQ6" need to look at playlists not everything... might be a bug.

FYI my "Kids Movies" are in a separated folder from my "Movies" folder.
Don´t have any issue with widget, only need configure script Library Data Provider, for random items.

When create smartplaylist, add rule play count = 0, this filter for only appear items you don´t watch yet.For more recent first use date added in order by (see image)

(2015-09-14, 13:22)megalodon Wrote: [ -> ]+3, I need this as soon as possible please. Also the library items for my playlists, Movies, Kids Movies etc is always shown as busy unlike my TV Shows.

The busy thing is a bug and has been fixed in Aeon MQ 6 - 2.6.0 - Isengard.

(2015-09-14, 14:21)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Don´t have any issue with widget, only need configure script Library Data Provider, for random items.

When create smartplaylist, add rule play count = 0, this filter for only appear items you don´t watch yet.For more recent first use date added in order by (see image)

That's something different. We have a problem that, when we create a smartplaylist and create a new main menu entry (next to movies, tv series, etc.) that is linked to that smartplaylist, the widgets for that main menu entry do not only show e.g. 'recently played' movies/tv series for that specific smartplaylist, but for the complete Kodi movie/tv series database.

Wanilton, you speak Portuguese, right? Could please explain our problem to MarcosQui or send a link of this thread to him? That would be wonderful. Blush
@langpascal, in my opinion, only need create smartplaylist and use rules, about number item use limit to in smartplaylist editor.
(2015-09-14, 17:55)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@langpascal, in my opinion, only need create smartplaylist and use rules, about number item use limit to in smartplaylist editor.

But it has nothing to do with how often you played your movies/tv series?! It's something completely different. We tried to explain it. Sad
Can you please write him anyways? I'm pretty sure he knows what we mean and he could easily fix it. (in MQ5 it worked as intended)
Need understand skin MQ6 Isengard have widgets for smartplaylist created by users, only need select, and it´s generate for each smarplaylist created, I don´t know why is completely differentHuh?
I know that there is a widget for specific video playlists. But it only shows all movies of the playlist. We need widgets for 'recently added', 'in progress', ... movies/tv shows for one specific playlist.
Skin have support for specific playlist widget. If you 10, 20, do you have in flexible widget, one for each smarplaylist created.

I hope is clear now.
In Aeon MQ6 2.4.0?
Pages: 1 2 3