Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skips forward/backward don't work correctly in Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS and Kodi Isengard (the .1 version that just came out yesterday) the problem is that when I try to skip forward or backward in a recorded program, it will sometimes skip some random amount and sometimes on a backward skip it will go all the way back to the start of the recording. The packages I originally installed (after adding the Kodi repo to Ubuntu's sources) are kodi and kodi-pvr-hts, so I assume I have the correct addon for TVHeadEnd. This was never a problem in previous versions of Kodi, so I'm surprised that skipping forward or backward is messed up now. I tried setting the skip steps to -60 sec, -30 sec, -10 sec, 30 sec, 60 sec so it should never skip more than 60 seconds in either direction, but it still messes up. I never see this problem in movies or videos, only when watching a recording from the Live TV menu.

It's extremely frustrating when this happens because then I have to try to find the last spot I was watching in the show. If anyone knows of a way to work around this issue in the current version, please let me know. I almost wish there was a way to use the Helix version of the addon in Isengard, because I never saw this issue there. I'm suspecting that the addon hasn't been correctly updated to utilize the new skip method in Kodi but that's just a guess, because I am neither a programmer nor even very proficient in Linux, so I have no way of actually knowing what's causing this issue.
Most likely a duplicate of 230627 (thread)