Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 7.1 upscale issue and Music Library question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I am trying KODI out as my new media player due to a few issues in Media Player:

1. all my music is coming out in 2 channel only on my 7.1 Amp, this is to do with the encoding options and I was hoping KODI had a similar feature to MPHCB where I can tick
MIX CHANNELS TO 7.1 - this forces the Onkyo amp to process the sound on all channels and sounds much better than only 2 channels pumping out the sound.

Is there a way to do this in KODI?

Also I would like to display my albums like Media Player (BY ALBUM ART) and not a text list - I know Winamp had this as a plug-in so I am sure someone has made one for KODI but I can't seem to find it :/

Any help appreciated

Thanks
UPDATE:

I have found an option that says STEREO UPMIX in the AUDIO options, but the rear speakers are too loud :/

Does anyone know of anything like Pulse Audio for Linux that allows us to control speaker balances when upscaling?

I do not believe for one second that there aren't many others who want their music upscaled to use 5.1 or 7.1 from STEREO.

I know the ONBOARD sound card does it on my Gigabyte G7 Mainboard, but the 7.1 is via component and my amp only has 2x optical and 8 x HDMI then the usual stereo and RGB inputs :/

I don't want to have to buy a new AMP as it was £700