Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI crashing while navigating through movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got a friend a Beelink X2 http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_193367.html with a 5TB HDD external attached with movies and TV. It’s an Android running KODI 14.2

The house that it is in has no internet, so I download all the cover art before installing the device at the friend’s house.

KODI seems to crashes when navigating around menus. Mainly movies folder. If I navigate to movies in the alphabet slowly I can play them sometimes, though normally I can't get pass the letter D or E. But if I try and move past this fast it crashes. When browsing TV folders by seasons it crashes. I notice when in the movies folder, it is calculating how many hours of movie time there is. It is always moving.

At first I thought maybe there is to many movies or tv on the external HDD. Now I’m thinking it might be the cache.

How do I know or find what the issues areHuh
Unfortunately the only fix/ workaround I found so far, is to clear the cache on both Android & kodi.

Android menus before going into Kodi. And Kodi via the maintenance tool
That shouldn't really cause or prevent a crash. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) from the unit when this happens? Maybe copy the log file onto a USB drive if you don't have internet at the time, and then upload it somewhere else?
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't had a chance to get this. When i do I will let you know.

At the moment they can watch 1 movie then they need to clear the cache. For the menus to work again.