Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Collection Icon on the v15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a new comer to Kodi and started with v14.. Within days I upgraded to v15 and then got a Pi where I was forced back to 14 again

One of the things I missed was the icons on the Movie List.. 15 just looked better, with its icons showing a "collection".

Today, I upgrade my Pi to 15.1 and was disappointed to find that the collection icon isn't shown.. Minor issue for sure, but not correct compared to other Kodi 15 versions.

Here are some photos..

FireTV:

PC

Pi2

Do you have "group movies into sets" enabled?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets
(2015-08-24, 15:22)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have "group movies into sets" enabled?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets

Yep.. Thats why they are showing as one line, rather than several.

So in this example shown in the picture, the line reads "Airplane (Collection)" and on my PC and FireTV I get the nice little icon next to it.. But on the Pi, its just blank.

Jon
Was anyone else able to confirm this?
Sorry to keep on, but is no-one else running 15.1 on their Pi who can confirm this?

I know its a minor issue, but I miss the icon!
works fine here
pi2 with openelec
(2015-08-29, 10:57)Jester Wrote: [ -> ]works fine here
pi2 with openelec

Thats odd... How can they not be on mine? I am running the latest Beta and have 3 other instances of Kodi to compare with.

I guess I will just have to accept this and hope that they reappear when the "final" release of Kodi/openelec comes along.
(2015-08-30, 11:45)jweaver Wrote: [ -> ]Thats odd... How can they not be on mine? I am running the latest Beta and have 3 other instances of Kodi to compare with.

I guess I will just have to accept this and hope that they reappear when the "final" release of Kodi/openelec comes along.

Are you definitely running the "stock" Confluence skin built in to OpenELEC, and not some other version from /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence? A full debug log (wiki) would confirm which skin is being used.
(2015-08-31, 01:03)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-30, 11:45)jweaver Wrote: [ -> ]Thats odd... How can they not be on mine? I am running the latest Beta and have 3 other instances of Kodi to compare with.

Are you definitely running the "stock" Confluence skin built in to OpenELEC, and not some other version from /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence? A full debug log (wiki) would confirm which skin is being used.

As far as I know.. I downloaded the latest version from a link which was provided in another post..

The file name is "OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0-devel-20150816172255-#0816b-g75e1b35.tar"

But good call on the 'skin'.. I made a copy of the skin and followed a guide to add "time left" to the info screens.. I have now switched back to the standard Confluence skin and the icons are there.. But when I go to my "modified" one, they are not..

I will check my work tomorrow just to be sure there is nothing obvious but I wonder if this would be classed as a 'bug'?

Jon

Edit.. Here is the link i followed:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Add_Time_Re...Confluence
It's not a bug if you're using a modified version of the skin using code that predates the feature you say is missing.

That's the problem with copying the Confluence skin to add extra features - you're "locked" at that version you copied, it will no longer automatically update.

If you want the bug fixes and improvements in later versions of Confluence you need to repeat your skin copy and re-add your additions.

If your change is trivial, my advice would be to include the skin copy in autostart.sh then apply your changes using sed or diff/patch (the latter can be installed from the Unofficial repo) - that way you'll always be using the latest Confluence with your change on top.
(2015-09-01, 05:21)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a bug if you're using a modified version of the skin using code that predates the feature you say is missing.

That's the problem with copying the Confluence skin to add extra features - you're "locked" at that version you copied, it will no longer automatically update.

If you want the bug fixes and improvements in later versions of Confluence you need to repeat your skin copy and re-add your additions.

If your change is trivial, my advice would be to include the skin copy in autostart.sh then apply your changes using sed or diff/patch (the latter can be installed from the Unofficial repo) - that way you'll always be using the latest Confluence with your change on top.

Doh.. Of course.. The Confluence skin has changed in 15.1.. Yet I am using a copy of the v14 version..

Sorry.. I am being an idiot.. I will simply make a new copy of the skin.. And make the necessary changes to it..

Thanks (As always) for your help.

Jon