Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15.1 brief audio dropout ~every 2 seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am experiencing brief audio drops about every 2 seconds on Kodi 15.1. In the debug dump (see below for pastebin info) there seems to be a problem that begins around 10:29:56.

Here is my system info.

Mac OS: 10.10.5
Hardware:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 12
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB
Memory: 24 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 6.4 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP51.007F.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.39f11
SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f1

Install: From dmg downloaded from Kodi site
Version: Kodi 15.1

Debug dump: http://pastebin.com/aWxsJPJ4

The feed is from a HDHomeRun device on my local network. I suppose you would need a HDHomeRun setup to duplicate the issue. I don't know how to find the audio codec info.

For the record, I was running 14.2 and experiencing serious video stuttering, but that now seems fixed in 15.1 (thanks!).
Do you have the same issue when you have your advancedsettings.xml moved away for a test? Is this a hackintosh by any chance? (or a real macpro?)
I'm not sure what you mean by "...have your advancedsettings.xml moved away for a test", but the problem occurred before I turned on debugging from the GUI. I then followed the instructions for filing a problem report, which included turning on debugging. My macintosh is not a hackintosh. I purchased it as it is from Apple.
As of your log file you have an advancedsettings.xml in place which alters some settings for buffering/caching. I wanted you to remove that advancedsettings.xml for a test (its located in /Users/<yourusername>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml).
OK, did that. Debug file is:

http://pastebin.com/ziFWbPA5
Currently only live streams coming from PVR addons have appropriate buffering in player. The problem in your case is that audio queue runs dry and buffers won't fill since those are real time streams.
So, do I need to file a bug report or feature request or assume this will be fixed in a future release?