Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: subtitle language problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

atyrimos

hi guys,

I am having trouble ever since I update to 15.1 from 14.2 with subtitles.

I have english and greek subtitles enabled but opensubtitles and subscene only find the english subtitles, no greek even though on their website have greek subtitles for the ones I am searching.

ive tried reinstalling the addons and etc but nothing happens. I also have the subtitles.gr addon installed but in cases where the name of the subtitle is too long it hangs when it searches and then you cannot do anything to find subtitles and I have to kill the whole app and restart it to do anything again with it.

anyone have any insights on what to do?
(2015-08-25, 08:04)atyrimos Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys,

I am having trouble ever since I update to 15.1 from 14.2 with subtitles.

I have english and greek subtitles enabled but opensubtitles and subscene only find the english subtitles, no greek even though on their website have greek subtitles for the ones I am searching.

ive tried reinstalling the addons and etc but nothing happens. I also have the subtitles.gr addon installed but in cases where the name of the subtitle is too long it hangs when it searches and then you cannot do anything to find subtitles and I have to kill the whole app and restart it to do anything again with it.

anyone have any insights on what to do?

believe me man you are not the only one with greek subs problem. until a solution for opensubtitles comes up, i will tell you that subtitles.gr is not hunging it just takes up to 2 minutes. and you can always use manual name input of the media. That always work.

podnapisi works ok for greek subs but it does have a limited amount of greek subs in it and manual name input does not work for podnapisi.
It's the same for Dutch. Automatic subtitles always ends up with "no founnd". Manual works, but it only gives English, while on the website I can see there are Dutch subtitles available...

No-one fond a solution yet?
I also would like to know how can I download languages other than English in OpenSubtitle.org add-on.

Sent from my iPhone6s+