Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound output device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I'm working on building my wireless HiFi Audio setup but I'm stuck for the moment.
I need to route all of my Mac's sound to my amplifier. I want to do this wireless as I move around with my laptop in my house.
I was thinking of getting a raspberry pi with a spdif output shield but I still don't know if what I want can be done.
Basically I want to route all of my computer's sounds to the Pi, but I presume I need to install something like an Output Audio device on my mac. That way I can send all my audio to my Pi.
Also I'm using Soundflower with Hosting AU for some digital EQ filtering so really, something that installs as an audio output device is kind of my only hope. Can Kodi do this? Or any add-ons for it?
This is out of scope of kodi. You could get an appletv - connect it to your amp and then select it in osx settings as audio output device (this is a feature of osx / macs which detect the appletv as wireless audio device). Kodi would be able to use that aswell then. But its stereo 2.0 only.
I only use stereo Smile
Any idea on the bandwidth limitations? I would like to use my external DAC for this and I'd love 24/96.
16/48 as far as i know. Forget the word HiFi in conjunction with Wireless Wink
Not quite,
There's this guy here :
http://www.latentlaboratories.com/blog/2...ital-audio
He managed to use an old NTSC wireless system to send spdif data with no problems. Only downside is the 2 meters or so that he managed to cover Smile
So it can be done, but not yet.
Seems like a sensible thing to do, a Wifi capable hardware with spdif output.
When you say "Kodi would be able to use that aswell then." that means that I can set up Kodi as an output device or Kodi could use the Apple TV?
You can select the apple tv in kodi as an output device.