Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EBAY USER SELLING KODI SOFTWARE !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
eEBAY user selling kodi software !!

Not very fair for him to be doing this as it is meant to be free and donations should be for the developers and staff at kodi

***MOD EDIT: removed link***
just found another one !!

***MOD EDIT: removed link***
This is unfortunate and again it is associating the Kodi brand with piracy addons but they are pitching this as selling an installation service / user support. They are getting cleverer! Sad
i agree one hundred percent Dangelus and these guys are the worst I have seen yet, they are selling the software ONLY so profiting off the developers of Kodi big time !
(2015-08-29, 21:43)katie5000 Wrote: [ -> ]i agree one hundred percent Dangelus and these guys are the worst I have seen yet, they are selling the software ONLY so profiting off the developers of Kodi big time !

Selling Kodi is perfectly legal. The only thing these guys are doing that is bad is violating our trademarks by calling it Kodi while having pre-loaded it with piracy add-ons.
(2015-08-30, 07:19)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-29, 21:43)katie5000 Wrote: [ -> ]i agree one hundred percent Dangelus and these guys are the worst I have seen yet, they are selling the software ONLY so profiting off the developers of Kodi big time !

Selling Kodi is perfectly legal. The only thing these guys are doing that is bad is violating our trademarks by calling it Kodi while having pre-loaded it with piracy add-ons.

Yeah I realise the GPL allows for this but it's not super helpful. A kind user would just point people to the forum not try to make a quick buck off noobs... Also associating Kodi with the piracy addons does as much harm as the box sellers.
What's wrong with selling boxes with preloaded a plain version of Kodi on it?
(2015-08-30, 16:50)misa Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with selling boxes with preloaded a plain version of Kodi on it?

Nothing whatsoever.