Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add "Play with -Addon Name-" to context menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I don't have many experience with scripts and addon code so I wanted to ask how easy would be to add an item to Kodi context menu. A compromise would be to add just a favorite item.

But what I want is to browse through a file list or local library, let's say select a movie, bring the context menu and have an item that for example uses the search in youtube or vimeo addon to give me related videos based on the movie or file title. Hope it's more clear and I'll be satisfied with the first option, just adding the search button of youtube addon via favorites to the context menu and name it "search with youtube". Hope it's clear.
Your looking to do a context addon (you need isengard and newer for this)
Have a look at https://github.com/phil65/context.extendedinfo.dialog for an example
(2015-08-31, 04:57)passenger Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I don't have many experience with scripts and addon code so I wanted to ask how easy would be to add an item to Kodi context menu. A compromise would be to add just a favorite item.

But what I want is to browse through a file list or local library, let's say select a movie, bring the context menu and have an item that for example uses the search in youtube or vimeo addon to give me related videos based on the movie or file title. Hope it's more clear and I'll be satisfied with the first option, just adding the search button of youtube addon via favorites to the context menu and name it "search with youtube". Hope it's clear.

Have you tried the Super Favourites addon.

This has a feature called iSearch which sounds like what you want.

In the SF settings there is an option called Global Menu, you need to enable that. Then when you bring up the context menu on an item you will get a different menu. One of the options in this menu is iSearch this option will then allow you to search various addons using the current item as the keyword.

In the menu you will also see a iSearch using xyz option, this will auto use the named addon. The one it offers is the first one in the list on the ISearch page, so if you want a different one you can reorder the list via the context menu.

If there are any addons you want adding to the list of iSearch addons then please let me know and I'll do my best to add them.
Thanks Razze and spoyser, I'll try both, especially Super Favourites because as you explained it seems it does just that.