Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi 15 Isengard] Broken video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone,

I'm running Kodi on a Mac Mini and most things were fine until the release of Isengard. Since then, some H264 Video does not play properly any more. Most of the picture is fine but you have areas with colorful squares and broken content. A downgrade to 14.2 helped but that's not the idea I guess. I also upgraded from OS X 10.7 to 10.9 with the same result. Kodi 14.x works, Kodi 15 doesn't. Does anyone else has of this issue?

Thanks in advance...
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Please add the following to your advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<video>
<useffmpegvda>false</useffmpegvda>
</video>

This will most likely fix your issue. Any chance that you could upload a short sample which shows the problem via dropbox (50mb max)?
Hello, I am new here.
I am using also a mac mini (2014).
My movies (DVD and blu ray) are on a time capsule 3T.
My Problem is that I can not play blu ray disc on the latest v15.1 Isengard version. The sound is OK (DTS) but I can not see the film. My TV shows also green beams TV and coloured squares.
Please could somebody help me.
Thanks in advance.
try the same what i suggested in the post directly sbove yours?
I tried it but it doesn't work. A correction I am using a mac mini model 2012 and not 2014.
debug log (wiki)
Done. How can I transmit?
Use a paste website, like xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com, as mentioned in the above link.
RTFM damn it
Done. See:
http://pastebin.com/ECPfxsXy

Thanks in advance
Sorry again but I am not so good in this things.
This is a crashreport which happens when you quit Kodi. This crash will be solved in 15.2. But this is not a debug log (wiki) showing your playback issue.
OK, understood.
Please see:
http://pastebin.com/1kKptUzv

Thanks
Code:
17:27:19 T:140735328977664   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

You failed in crafting a correct advancedsettings.xml

fill code needs to be

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<useffmpegvda>false</useffmpegvda>
</video>
</advancedsettings

you're welcome (somehow)
Hello Memphiz,

problem solved.
User problem. I have not used the right program to create the xml file. I have copied a xml file from userdata and put in the code and now it is working.

Thanks a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3