Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember not renaming folder directory for tv shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a scrape the folder is not auto rename for a tv show

Current pattern for tv show is

Show folder pattern : $Z

BTW what is $Z? it is not listed in the legend field...

Thanks for the hint with missing entry in legend, i will fix that. $Z is "Showname".

Autorenaming of tv show folder while scraping was too complex to implement. You have to use the context menu on each tv show to rename it automatically.
The autorenaming while scraping works only for episodes. Maybe a can add it also for tv shows later in the beta process.
(2015-09-01, 12:40)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the hint with missing entry in legend, i will fix that. $Z is "Showname".

Autorenaming of tv show folder while scraping was too complex to implement. You have to use the context menu on each tv show to rename it automatically.
The autorenaming while scraping works only for episodes. Maybe a can add it also for tv shows later in the beta process.

How about when we scrape the show, we pick the Show name.
Then Ember rename the folder to the Show name.

Then it would refresh, and start the autoscrape...

Mediascout does something similiar to this...

OR

Rename the folder name to the show name after scraping is complete.

===

So current $Z for folder name is not doing anything then? since it is not renaming any folders...

===
BTW when is the next beta coming out?

Are you youtube trailer feature request implemented in next beta?

===
Also I have suggestion

-Implement a button or make the text clickable on the version number, when there is a new version out.
Then it would take us directly to the download site so we can download it.
It would make it more convenient.

-A way to view the log of what was done or renamed etc..
Maybe put that in the Help > View log
(2015-09-01, 12:51)madmax2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-01, 12:40)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the hint with missing entry in legend, i will fix that. $Z is "Showname".

How about when we scrape the show, we pick the Show name.
Then Ember rename the folder to the Show name.

Then it would refresh, and start the autoscrape...

Mediascout does something similiar to this...

OR

Rename the folder name to the show name after scraping is complete.

===

So current $Z for folder name is not doing anything then? since it is not renaming any folders...

===
BTW when is the next beta coming out?

Are you youtube trailer feature request implemented in next beta?

===
Also I have suggestion

-Implement a button or make the text clickable on the version number, when there is a new version out.
Then it would take us directly to the download site so we can download it.
It would make it more convenient.

-A way to view the log of what was done or renamed etc..
Maybe put that in the Help > View log

It just was not possible with the old tv show scraping process, but i think now (after 1.4.8.0) it should be possible. I will check that after fixing of all forthcoming bugs ;-)

======

Folder Name pattern will be used if you use TV Show Context Menu -> Renamer -> Auto.

======

I'm fixing MultiEpisode handling and it's very hard to fix all issues and processes. So i can't say when it's comming out.

But YouTube scraper is done and will be available in next release.

======

Good idea, i will add a link to the button.

The Ember-internal log viewer is out-of-date and we can't display the log file. At the end of the beta phase we have to rewrite all the log texts and made a nice view for users.