Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire Stick HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I have been looking everywhere to find a permanent solution to the "Low Storage" warning message. What happens is usually after watching 8 or 9 movies even after clearing the cache I get the warning and then kodi crashes and I am unable to load kodi again, it takes me to the first run screen kodi screen.

I have no idea how to fix this anymore, I have tried different variations of 0 cache, 1, 2, and 3 cache...HuhHuh

Also kodi seems to be using up to 4 gigabytes of the entire 5 GB available for the fire stick...any suggestion on how to modify the cache? I installed using ADBfire
Because you turned on the "zero cache" option. I'm really getting tired of telling people to not use that and cleaning up after all the shitty advice that other people give when they say to turn it on. Don't fuck with the cache settings when you don't know what you are doing. No cache setting will magically remove buffering issues. It just doesn't work like that.

The only help I'll give you is to say, uninstall Kodi completely, then reinstall it. Don't use any maintenance tool, community build, or anything that might re-introduce cache settings that are not the default.
On second thought, sorry for the harsh reply. We've just been dealing with these various tools that enable the "zero" mode when it shouldn't be, and without warning the user. It's not the fault of the user, who is just looking to fix a problem.

If you don't want to do a full uninstall, just use the file manager (wiki) to delete the advancedsettings.xml file out of the "profile directory" folder. Then restart Kodi.