Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ReFocus crashes with Kodi 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´m running the nightlies on windows and can´t start Kodi after installing Refocus. The odd thing is that the skin works perfectly until i shutdown Kodi and try to start it again. Then it hangs forever on the startscreen. What could be the cause of this and can it be fixed?
The cause??
The cause is that you're using nightlies with a skin that's only 'officially' supported on Helix.

The fix?
Use Helix.

Or obviously wait for Jeroen to update his skin.
Well duh... of course I know that it crashes because it is a nightly. I´m wondering WHAT in the nightly (in the startup sequence) causes the crash. Since it works just fine after the install (until Kodi is shutdown). Maybe i should have been clearer in the phrasing of my question. I was hoping that more people than me are trying to run nightlies along with ReFocus (and that someone have figured out a fix).
Same here, can't find the reason and I love this skin. Sad
It looks to be a problem with the AlarmClock function that reFocus uses to show the home screen on startup after script.grab.fanart has done its job. Replacing the text of the <onfocus>'s in startup.xml in buttons 11 and 20 to just `ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])` gets the skin loading (and probably worth just deleting the AlarmClock line near the top of the file). However, a Helix skin is - unsurprisingly - not working brilliantly on Jarvis.
(2015-10-09, 13:54)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]It looks to be a problem with the AlarmClock function that reFocus uses to show the home screen on startup after script.grab.fanart has done its job. Replacing the text of the <onfocus>'s in startup.xml in buttons 11 and 20 to just `ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])` gets the skin loading (and probably worth just deleting the AlarmClock line near the top of the file). However, a Helix skin is - unsurprisingly - not working brilliantly on Jarvis.

THANK YOU very much! I was sad all day since I love this skin. I can also live with this minor change as long as I can use my beloved reFocus.