Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Main Menu item not showing up (I did read other threads before posting!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,
Just installed Kodi to be my new Media Center. I was previously using Win7 WMC for a long time. So that all works well.
I installed ServerWMC and then enabled the Kodi client PVR add-on. Its all on the same box, so no network issues.
Everything looks fine - when i enable the client, i can see the status bar flicker on serverwmc with activity, so it appears to connect.
But - the main menu doesn't have TV.
I searched the other threads, google, reddit, and none of the scenarios seem to fit my issue (that I can tell with my limited experience)

I put the serverwmc log on pastebin - http://pastebin.com/Cq0s3atW

the log has lots of errors, but i can't tell if they're fatal errors. the status looks all good, 47 channels found, 19 recordings, etc. it shows the clients online too.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
dc
Don't laugh but is TV enabled in settings?
(2015-09-16, 08:13)wtfchuck Wrote: [ -> ]Don't laugh but is TV enabled in settings?

Smile Yeah, it is enabled. Good one though.

When playing around early, I enabled that setting prior to setting up the serverWMC and I was getting the connection warnings.Once I figured out all the components and set them up properly, those went away, and the "Scanning for PVR service" went quick.

Cheers,
dc
Don't laugh at me either, but have you just tried rebooting your serverwmc machine?
(2015-09-16, 17:02)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Don't laugh at me either, but have you just tried rebooting your serverwmc machine?

No laughing, I appreciate any help Smile

Yes, I have rebooted a few times.
It's all on the same box: serverwmc, Kodi, pvr client. It's a small windows box I built that the TV plugs into.

The serverwmc GUI does say that the recorded tv directory isn't shared with Everyone (it actually is, so not sure why it isn't detecting it unless it is relying on a "homegroup" which I don't have), but since no remote clients are connecting, I didn't think this mattered.

Cheers,
dc
Are you getting the same errors that you showed in your first log?
After a reboot can you please post both a ServerWMC logfile and a Kodi DEBUG log file (you need to set Kodi to debug level)?
Also might be worth checking the channels sources... From the first log it looks like it is getting DRM errors for all the channels. They shouldn't be DRM as it is all OTA...
Thanks for the help, guys.
I have both logs hosted after a reboot.
I also uninstalled, and reinstalled Kodi. No joy. Then I tried uninstalling and installing the 15.2 RC. Same.

Kodi.log - http://pastebin.com/exz4mijG
ServerWMC.log - http://pastebin.com/zgbCa4LB

I have continued to tinker with it. Here is where I am (TV still not showing):
* The 2 active tuners are the HomeRunHD network tuners. I decided to run the HomeRunHD config, and I did a channel scan. Interestingly, the same channels (2 and 4) that show the DRM error in serverWMC.log also do not show up in the HomeRunHD channel scan. However they work fine in WMC. Weird.
* I checked WMC again, and in WMC I can watch all the TV channels no problem. I can also watch channels in the HomeRunHD viewer.
* ServerWMC shows that is has found like 47 or something channels. But when I get the client set up and it connects, ServerWMC shows 0 channels transferred to client. I would guess this is the root of my problem, but why are they not transferring.

Hopefully the logs will give you all some insight into what's wrong.

Thanks!
dc
DC,

In the ServerWMC log it is showing 3 tuners: 2 HDHR and a PCTV 330e/800e BDA TVTuner. Is this tuner active? That is the tuner that is throwing all the errors in the ServerWMC log. ServerWMC and WMC use tuners in opposite order to prevent conflicts. It may be that ServerWMC is trying to tune to channels via a tuner that is no longer valid.

To Check, do the following: Go into WMC, tasks, settings, TV, guide, edit channels, and click the channel name. Then select edit source in the left column. Make sure the correct tuners are selected for each channel.
(2015-09-17, 16:50)sbthomas Wrote: [ -> ]DC,

In the ServerWMC log it is showing 3 tuners: 2 HDHR and a PCTV 330e/800e BDA TVTuner. Is this tuner active? That is the tuner that is throwing all the errors in the ServerWMC log. ServerWMC and WMC use tuners in opposite order to prevent conflicts. It may be that ServerWMC is trying to tune to channels via a tuner that is no longer valid.

To Check, do the following: Go into WMC, tasks, settings, TV, guide, edit channels, and click the channel name. Then select edit source in the left column. Make sure the correct tuners are selected for each channel.

This was it! Thanks a ton. One I got the USB PCTV tuner stick and plugged it in, the TV menu showed up. It needed that to show up, but I didn't actually plug in the antenna, so it was getting channels from the other HDHR tuner that does have an antenna.

Mystery solved, thanks again!

Cheers,
dc
Happy to help!!