Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Translation now on Transifex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please register and help translate into your language.

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/xbmc-...ience1080/
Here's the progress so far, please join and help translate your language.

English - 100%
English (US) - 100%
English (Australia) - 80%
English (NZ) - 52%
Lithuanian - 100%
German - 100%
Dutch - 93%
Polish - 91%
French - 84%
French (Candada) - 84%
Portuguese - 75%
Portuguese (Brazil) - 84%
Korean - 83%
Hebrew - 82%
Italian - 82%
Spanish - 82%
Swedish - 82%
Malay - 81%
Croatian - 80%
How is australian english different from american or british english? Big Grin I have been to Australia but apart from pronunciation and some different words, that are in no relation to technology and/or are only colloquially used, I couldn't see the difference.

Serious question btw.
(2015-09-20, 13:56)Doc.Ex Wrote: [ -> ]How is australian english different from american or british english? Big Grin I have been to Australia but apart from pronunciation and some different words, that are in no relation to technology and/or are only colloquially used, I couldn't see the difference.

Serious question btw.

It's not up to me. If it were, I'd remove all and only have English - the type of English used in England. But, to give an example of US English, "color". The English word is "colour". It's pedantic but, again, not up to me.
Ah I see. Well, as far as I know in Australia it's a matter of preference and both spellings are correct. Same with labour/labor etc. But I agree with you, it is useless to have so many language variations for a software like Kodi. How many languages have to be completed to release the update? If it is possible to join multiple language teams on Transifex I could at least finish the australian localisation.
(2015-09-21, 01:24)Doc.Ex Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I see. Well, as far as I know in Australia it's a matter of preference and both spellings are correct. Same with labour/labor etc. But I agree with you, it is useless to have so many language variations for a software like Kodi. How many languages have to be completed to release the update? If it is possible to join multiple language teams on Transifex I could at least finish the australian localisation.

There is no set number by the Team, but my personal aim is the majority of EU languages - these are the most commonly used for Kodi around the world and include: English, French, Spanish, German and Portuguese.
Spanish 100%, but needs revision Sleepy
I plan on pulling the strings over the weekend. The latest version is available from my Github to test for German and English users - please report any issues, if you find them.
Strings are being synced tomorrow, then a release is due. Please, if you want your language available, translate it using the link in the first post.