Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PrimeTime Recording: Wildcard for <NeverRecordShows>??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a wildcard that I can use in the configuration file for <NeverRecordShows>??

In other words, instead of typing:

<NeverRecordShows>NCIS,NCIS: Los Angeles,NCIS: New Orleans,etc

Could I just type:

<NeverRecordShows>NCIS*</NeverRecordShows>

or something similar?

If not, I would like to request that you implement that feature.
No its not there now, but yes we can add it. Also in the pre-release of swmc you can specify a file to contain the excluded shows. The advantage to this method is this file is re-read before each primetime scheduling.
I like the wildcard idea, the "blacklist" file is really making PrimeTime a powerful tool for our family.

Rob
(2015-09-22, 17:03)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]No its not there now, but yes we can add it. Also in the pre-release of swmc you can specify a file to contain the excluded shows. The advantage to this method is this file is re-read before each primetime scheduling.

Using a separate file is a great improvement.

A wildcard would also be very nice.

I also suggest using the enter key as a separator (in the file version anyway), as there's eventually going to be a show with a comma in the name.. Smile
You do use the enter key for the external file (each program is on its own line).
Nice. Thanks!
Wildcard feature is in beta 1214, if you guys try it let me know how it goes. Worked for me Smile.
So, what is the wildcard character?