Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: best hardware remote (mouse-keyboard remote style) to use with kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any suggestions of a good remote
i have a logitech harmony touch which could work via ir on the my nas box which has kodi, but heard it will be laggy
i didn't mind the fire tv remote too much as it was slick and fast
i want something small and portable that would work, pref with ir or rf as that what my nas has,, and bluetooth won't work

is the lenovo n5902 any good?
the rii devices?
I use a harmony one, as well as a couple of older harmonies.
Can't say I've noticed any significant lag.
Harmony 900 here, works pretty well.
what about for keyboard? typing

i have a harmony touch , i think it came out last year.. with the touchscreen in centre
For Kodi and OpenELEC, this Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse is the best for me, inexpensive and does it all. I have numerous Air remotes and an older Logitech Harmony 670, but I prefer this remote for Kodi.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B999...ge_o08_s00
Keyboard: logitech k400®
Remote: any mce remote, i use xbox360 remote

I have tried rii remotes, ' cause they seemed perfect.
Turned out they're not that good quality; whitin 6 months all of them broke ( while others last, so not behaviour-related;-) ).

My 2cts..
i was looking for an all in one solutuon

ive had the logitech k400 - thought it was too big, but fine

the rii i8+ the second edition has backlight and according to reviews is good...

i have a spare logitech keyboard with a unified usb, that may actually work in the mean time... and kodi is controllable via just keyboard as i dont need a mouse...

the lenovo n5902 is around £40 kwid delivered
the rii 18+ is aroiund £15 pound

thanks guys for your suggestion... though[/code]
My logitech K400 is still after a year working well on the NUC, and I paired a Bluetooth mouse that works well. I also paired a Small bluetooth KB.
The Microsoft all in one also is a good choice. I have six of the Logi K400 and have had to change to the Microsoft as the K400 does not work on the Dell/Asus ChromeBox. Both are good keyboards, but (unfortunately) the Logi does not work with everything and so far the Microsoft does work with every system I have thrown it on.
I too vote for MS All-in-one Media keyboard which I have. Works great although I do miss illuminated keys (like on the Logitech K830). I recently wanted to get a smaller remote as well for those situations where a keyboard would take too much room on my side. I looked at the Riis, XBOX remotes and even thought about getting a Harmony. Fortunately I tried out an Android app called Yatse (better and more features than the official app) on my Samsung Galaxy and it was perfect for my needs.