Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 'Switch to channel' digit input delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to increase the delay between acceptance of channel digits while watching TV?

eg I'm watching TV... I want to change to ch24, I press 2, but I am too slow/unco to press 4 before the digit input delay expires, so the channel changes to ch2.

By my estimate the delay is currently 1sec. I think I need 1.25 - 1.5secs.
Conversely, I find most TVs/STBs are too slow to complete their channel digit input, so I end up hitting Enter/OK to speed up channel selection.
Kodi is the only system I've come across that is too fast for me occasionally! Confused
I don't think there's any user-level setting for this. IMO this is a reasonable feature request considering how slow my parents enter numbers on their commercial DVR, which is way more than a few seconds ;)

I'll move this to feature requests. Either a variable or just as a slight increase. No promises, of course. A dev has to be convinced for any given solution, but I think it might have a shot.
No worries Ned, thx. I believe a user-level setting would be best, so people could fine tune it to their desired speed. Fingers crossed Smile
(2015-09-30, 07:04)freda Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to increase the delay between acceptance of channel digits while watching TV?

eg I'm watching TV... I want to change to ch24, I press 2, but I am too slow/unco to press 4 before the digit input delay expires, so the channel changes to ch2.

By my estimate the delay is currently 1sec. I think I need 1.25 - 1.5secs.

This can already be done. Add this to your advanced settings.

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<numericchannelswitchtimeout>1500</numericchannelswitchtimeout>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

The numeric value is in milliseconds, so the above is 1.5 seconds.
Ha, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks Big Aero!

EDIT: thread moved back to make it easier for other people to find.
That's perfect now, thanks Big Aero! I really need to learn to properly scour the wiki in future Blush