Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unpause Jumpback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
**********EDIT**********
This is a copy of a feature request thread, starting at where Memphiz posted about his add-on.

Originam thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=134837

Current version: download from the default kodi.tv add-on repo

More info: Add-on:XBMC Unpause Jumpback (wiki)
**********EDIT**********

Can just use that little addon i've hacked up (should work on Eden and upwards - but you have to disable / enable the addon after changing the jumpback setting):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/script...pback2.zip

edit: link updated with eden compatible version
Awesome thanks, I'm glad someone beat me to it. Did the API change recently is that why it only works with the nighties?
Updated to be eden compatible - but it now needs to be restarted after each settings change for getting the change to be effective.
@Memphiz - you should put this in the XBMC main repo - it's very useful....
But it also jumps back after buffering and on other situations where you might not want it to. Its feels more like a hack imo.
ok well fix that then put it in there Smile

Nah I get your point. I just don't really get much buffering...so hadn't noticed.
Thanks for making this. One problem I have with XBMC in general is that the same problem happens for audio files for me. Whenever I skip to another track basically the first second of audio is lost. Is there some way to put this hack in place for 'next track' somehow? I realize that starting at 0:00, then jumping back 2 seconds to.. err.. -0.02? is silly, but perhaps a timer can be built? Wait 1, skip back 1?

Also, am I reading your script right: is the default action 'do nothing'?

Code:
g_jumpBackSecs = 0

One more structural solution to all this is for XBMC to keep the HDMI channel open somehow. Does anyone
... know how to do this? (ha, I didn't notice I didnt finish my last sentence, now checking dangling threads)
Hey.
Thanks for the script, just what i was waiting for.
I added a second setting where you can set how long the video must been paused to enable the jumpback.
So when you just pause it for some seconds it will resume normally. Buffering for some seconds will be ignored, too.
But when you pause for a longer time it will jump back on resume.

You can set up the amount of seconds to jump back and to wait.

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6451985/xbmc/sc...mpback.zip
please do a pull request to my repo if you want:

https://github.com/Memphiz/script.xbmc.u...its/master
(2013-01-11, 17:28)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]please do a pull request to my repo if you want:
Done! Smile

I have one more question! When i change the settings in the menu (see here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6451985/xbmc/unpause.png ) i am completely unable to leave the window except pressing ESC and resetting all settings or using a mouse.
What is the correct way to handle this? UP and DOWN selects the next/previous setting, LEFT and RIGHT changes the slider value. When i press OK the Sliders gets inactive... but i cannot navigate then at all. ^_-

Thanks again! Smile

thx for the PR - will review and merge it and maybe do a pull into the mainrepo - not sure yet.

About the navigation problem - please verify that this also happens on confluence. If you can reach OK fine in confluence (i suspect you can Wink ) - then its a skin issue - or the skin isn't updated for frodo yet.
unpause jumpback is now in the official XBMC repo for frodo (won't add it to eden because of the missing settings on the fly change ability).
(2013-01-15, 14:38)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]thx for the PR - will review and merge it and maybe do a pull into the mainrepo - not sure yet.

About the navigation problem - please verify that this also happens on confluence. If you can reach OK fine in confluence (i suspect you can Wink ) - then its a skin issue - or the skin isn't updated for frodo yet.

About the navigation I have the same problem using aeon nox. The reason is that the Ok and cancel button its on the right and when I press right it changes the timing and doesnt move to the buttons. In confluence the buttons are located at the bottom. (Sorry for my english)
(2013-01-22, 15:38)francovilar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-15, 14:38)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]thx for the PR - will review and merge it and maybe do a pull into the mainrepo - not sure yet.

About the navigation I have the same problem using aeon nox. The reason is that the Ok and cancel button its on the right and when I press right it changes the timing and doesnt move to the buttons. In confluence the buttons are located at the bottom. (Sorry for my english)

I just tried to config this addon tonight... same problem. I'm using AEON Nox 4.

Memphiz... Aeon Nox navigation for every other addon config, running addon/script, etc works perfectly. I suspect there is something not working with the addon's config screen itself. No matter what I try naviagion will never get to the far right menu on your addon config screen. Left/right arrows work fine as I can move to the left and center menu just fine, and change the 'seconds' settings.

I just tried to config this addon tonight... same problem. I'm using AEON Nox 4.

Memphiz... Aeon Nox navigation for every other addon config, running addon/script, etc works perfectly. I suspect there is something not working with the addon's config screen itself. No matter what I try naviagion will never get to the far right menu on your addon config screen. Left/right arrows work fine as I can move to the left and center menu just fine, and change the 'seconds' settings.
(2013-01-22, 15:38)francovilar Wrote: [ -> ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5